Did you mean: 

Cross-hatching in AutoCad

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
13228 Views, 2 Replies

Cross-hatching in AutoCad

I'll be doing a lot of Cross-hatching as a tool designer. Can someone tell me how to do it?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nrz13
in reply to: Anonymous

Type HATCH at the command line to bring up the Hatch dialog.  In the top-left section, there is a field called "Swatch" -- click on the field and another dialog should open.  On the ANSI tab, select hatch pattern ANSI37.  Click OK.  That will take you back to the previous dialog, at which point you can go to the Boundaries section and pick where you want your hatch to fill.  If you use the "Add: Pick Points" option, you'll pick inside a closed boundary and then hit Enter.  If you don't have a closed boundary, you can make one by creating a temporary polyline.  Click OK.

Your cross-hatch should be created.  If you need to adjust the scale or angle of it, type HATCHEDIT at the command line and select the hatch.  You can then make the adjustments under the "Angle and scale" section.

I think that covers the basics, but if you have more questions, I'd be happy to respond further.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 3 of 3
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

HATCH comand.  You can press F1 while hovering over the Hatch tool to get more Help with the HATCH command within AutoCAD.

Hatch.gif

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost