Did you mean: 

Command Line location

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
SteveG_in_MD
2893 Views, 7 Replies

Command Line location

In AutoCAD LT 2017 I have inadvertently positioned my command line or command window behind the Windows 10 lower toolbar.  I can resize the AutoCAD LT window, but the command line or command window remains behind the Win 10 toolbar.  This may have happened when moving AutoCAD LT window to an extended display.

I can find all sorts of information on where the command line can be located or docked, but nothing on getting it out from behind the Windows 10 toolbar.

Steve G. in MD

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: SteveG_in_MD

@SteveG_in_MD wrote:

In AutoCAD LT 2017 I have inadvertently positioned my command line or command window behind the Windows 10 lower toolbar.  I can resize the AutoCAD LT window, but the command line or command window remains behind the Win 10 toolbar.  This may have happened when moving AutoCAD LT window to an extended display.

I can find all sorts of information on where the command line can be located or docked, but nothing on getting it out from behind the Windows 10 toolbar.

Steve G. in MD

Temporarily relocate your Windows taskbar, move your command line window, move your taskbar back.  

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

You could always enable Auto-Hide for your windows task bar. Thereby having it disappear when not in use. Just a thought.

Message 4 of 8
pendean
Message 5 of 8
wispoxy

Close the command line and reopen it. Use command COMMANDLINE or ctrl +9
Message 6 of 8
SteveG_in_MD
in reply to: wispoxy

Sorry,

Closing the COMMANDLINE with Crtl+9 and re-opening it didn't work for me. I even tried closing AutoCAD LT 2017 and launching it again, but the command line is still behind the Windows 10 Taskbar.

Steve G. in MD
Message 7 of 8
Patchy

Move the taskbar to top; Windows can't do this anymore?

Capture.JPG

Message 8 of 8
SteveG_in_MD
in reply to: pendean

This set of instructions from the AUTODESK KNOWLEDGE NETWORK Article ID: kA230000000eEKD worked.  It had me open the Customize User Interface (CUI) Editor and re-orient the COMMAND LINE.  I didn't even know about the CUI Editor, so I really learned about a powerful feature.

It's possible the suggestions from others to temporarily move the Windows 10 Taskbar would have also worked, but I didn't try that.

Thanks,

Steve G. in MD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost