16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
ledinspirations
2154 Views, 16 Replies

2017.1 Update - 3D Display Performance Notifications

So it has been two days now and I get this notification ALL THE TIME:

display.png

Every time it comes up I have to click the X THREE TIMES to close it.  I mean, seriously!?

If you click the VISUALSTYLES Command link it lists a number of possible settings that could be in conflict, but not which one.

In one Visual Style, I think it is because I have Edge Color set to 0,0,0 instead of ByEntity.  In others, I have no idea.

It was never a problem before the update.

Now I cannot seem to figure out how to keep it from popping up.  Any suggestions or other users experiencing the same issue?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Popping up here too, very annoying.  Now we need SP1.1 for 2017.1 !

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 3 of 17

Hi @ledinspirations,

I have run across this on my computer too and it is annoying.

I will log this as a defect. Thanks for your contribution and patience.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 17
jggerth
in reply to: john.vellek

Situations like this are EXACTLY why I refuse to run the automagical updater, and advice people to unistall it.  Not only can I not afford spontaneous bugs popping up (er... I mean features), but my projects, like manyof those in the AEC world, last for a considerable period of time from preliminary design to as-builts.  Changing CAD in the middle of a job is a sure-fire way to have problems.

Maybe just annoyances, but having show-stoppers crop up with an update is not unknown.

Message 5 of 17
john.vellek
in reply to: jggerth

Hi @jggerth,

The Autodesk Deskop App does not automatically install updates but merely notifies the user when one is available and allow them to install if they choose to at that time.

I agree that users should always choose to install an update intentionally and be aware that it might present a change or issue in their workflow.

Thanks for contributing.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous

What a cop out..... "hey guys, new update, but its on you to make sure we did it right...."

"oh, you updated and it hosed everything? Sorry, you should have known better"

Thats how I hear when you say that.

Message 7 of 17
RichO

OK ... A few weeks later ... still no fix

This balloon is a massive PITA

not to mention all the other 'bugs' (sorry ... 'features') that it created

At least give us a hot fix to turn the dam notification off!

Message 8 of 17
RichO
in reply to: RichO

lol ... just found this ... https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Advanc...

typical ... Autodesk have a solution ... uninstall the update (just live with the bugs that the update was supposed to fix)

Message 9 of 17
ledinspirations

OK, that is actually pretty funny.

Message 10 of 17
RichO

who hit the accept as solution button for this ?

This response is NOT a solution ... this is an acceptance that there actually is a problem that needs a solution.

This should have a red highlight not a green one.

On that note, are we likely to have an actual solution for this issue before 2018 is released ???????

Message 11 of 17
rkmcswain

@Anonymous - fixed (Re: post 10)

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 12 of 17

I'm curious as to why the visualstyle settings (restrictions) required to enable Enhanced 3D Display Performance are missing from the 2017.1 update readme. A user should find out about something like this in the readme before installing the update. For me these restrictions are a letdown.

JMV

http://up.autodesk.com/2017/ACD/AutoCAD_2017.1_Update_Readme_Enu.html#FeatureLimitationsandNotes

vs.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/BLDSYS/2017/ENU/index.html?guid=GUID-ACA9C52C-47FC-4A21-A7BE-D692F9DA3...

Message 13 of 17
dgorsman

A marked solution is not in the context of the program but rather in the context of answering a post.  So a posted work around, "That's a problem here too", or even "AutoCAD cannot do what you're asking" would still be an acceptable solution if it is accurate to the question.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

You should be a politician. That is the best "I want to be firm yet lenient, bold yet elusive, etc etc" paragraph I've ever read. Heck, I'd throw you the solution just because of the creativity in political writing skills.

Now if you'll just tell me when we're going back to version 12 when things were simpler and we didn't need tech's for solutions because the darn thing was coded right the first time using half the data space and the cost was within the "CONTEXT" of reasonable.

Message 15 of 17

Yeah apparently I can't use "enhanced 3D performance" because I like my VSEDGECOLOR set to 0,0,0.

Which makes me feel silly for buying an Autodesk certified Quadro card for the purpose of enhanced 3D performance.

Was it always like this or is this new to 2017.1?  Who knows, because I get the "3D Display Performance Notification" pop-up even in Paperspace with 2D wireframe selected.

Message 16 of 17

2017.1.1 - No more popup notification!

Message 17 of 17
RichO
in reply to: ledinspirations

installed on Friday

sorry wednesday.1.1

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost