Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XRef Not viewable

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Schmit13
318 Views, 3 Replies

XRef Not viewable

I am trying to reference a drawing in AutoCAD 2012 and whenever I try to atrtach the drawing by XREF it does not come in viewable. none of the layers are seen. this is the second or third drawing that this has happened to me. I have checked to see if it is on a frozen or off layer. or some non-plot layer. I have opened a fresh drawing to reference it in. none of these have produced a result. The only thing different about the layers is that the layer rhombus, which is usually Blue, is now grey

I understand that I can recreate the drawing fresh but I would like to know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
murray-clack
in reply to: Schmit13

It might be one or two things (or BOTH)

First, open the xref file and perform an AUDIT and PURGE whcih will fix any errors in the drawing file.

Second, it might be the xref was created with a newer version of AutoCAD than the one you are trying to attach it into.

Message 3 of 4
Schmit13
in reply to: murray-clack

As per your advice i did these things.

But I found the issue that has been causing this.

The drawings that I am trying to reference are so far away frpm the origin that when inserted do no come into view with out a regen at a large zoom. they were more than three extents of the drawing away from the origin so when I inserted them they appeared not to be there, but were simply outside of the rendered area.

Thank you for your advice though

Message 4 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: Schmit13

Make sure INSBASE = 0,0,0 in all drawings

Make sure all drawings share the same UCS (WCS if possible)

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost