AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
cadiehl
Message 1 of 7 (4,874 Views)
Accepted Solution

X/Y Coordinate Green and Red lines

4874 Views, 6 Replies
03-28-2012 06:21 AM

How the heck to you turn off these stupid green and red x/y coordinate lines in Autocad?

Thanks,

CAD

Hi,

ok, that's the raster, you can switch the raster off globally (icon on the bottom status bar) or sysvar GRIDMODE (>>>details<<<)

If you want the raster but you don't want it colorized you can go to options ==> tab "Display" ==> button "Colors", Then activate "3D Parallelprojection" on the left side, search for "Rasteraxislines" in the middle and uncheck the colorization on the right side.

For this and my screenshot sorry for  my wording. I have no english AutoCAD and so the vocables may differ to your AutoCAD. I hope the screenshot shows at least enough for you to know where to search.

- alfred -

Mine was under "grid axis lines" in the 2D model space tab. Unchecked, went away.

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 7 (4,864 Views)

Re: X/Y Coordinate Green and Red lines

03-28-2012 07:36 AM in reply to: cadiehl

Hi,

>> [...] turn off these stupid green and red x/y coordinate lines [...]

Change the visualstyle to 2D wireframe or check command _UCSICON ==> _PROPERTIES

If you work in a visualstyle based on 3D the different colors are not stupid, it's a great help for orientation. :smileywink:

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Valued Contributor
cadiehl
Message 3 of 7 (4,859 Views)

03-28-2012 07:53 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I work in 3D all the time... I don't need a couple green and red lines to orient me. That's what the UCS Icon is for in 3D. I know where I am 2D, hard not to know actually, it's 2D.

Nothing works. The stupid lines remain not matter what visual style I am in. Why they are needed in 2D is beyond me. Just like the grid backgrounds... what in the world do they do for ya? I have to turn all that stuff off. But these 2 little green and red lines won't go away.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 7 (4,855 Views)

03-28-2012 07:58 AM in reply to: cadiehl

Hi,

>> I don't need a couple green and red lines to orient me

It seems to me that I don't understand you correctly. I thought you speak about the UCS-icon-axis color. But now you say "a couple green and red lines" ==> can you make a screenshot to show what lines you mean?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Valued Contributor
cadiehl
Message 5 of 7 (4,853 Views)

03-28-2012 08:13 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Screen shot attached. They are XY coords. Not selectable. Kind of like the UCS icon.... just there.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 6 of 7 (4,851 Views)

03-28-2012 08:36 AM in reply to: cadiehl

Hi,

ok, that's the raster, you can switch the raster off globally (icon on the bottom status bar) or sysvar GRIDMODE (>>>details<<<)

If you want the raster but you don't want it colorized you can go to options ==> tab "Display" ==> button "Colors", Then activate "3D Parallelprojection" on the left side, search for "Rasteraxislines" in the middle and uncheck the colorization on the right side.

For this and my screenshot sorry for  my wording. I have no english AutoCAD and so the vocables may differ to your AutoCAD. I hope the screenshot shows at least enough for you to know where to search.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Valued Contributor
cadiehl
Message 7 of 7 (4,844 Views)

03-28-2012 08:49 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Mine was under "grid axis lines" in the 2D model space tab. Unchecked, went away.

Thanks!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.