AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
Exergy_cad
Message 1 of 3 (107 Views)

x-refs

107 Views, 2 Replies
01-19-2012 02:55 AM

Hello,

my company switched to new servers so all the project files have been copied in a new hard disk.

When I open an assembly made of x-refs there is no problem, all the x-refs are loaded, but if i copy and paste the assembly on another drawing, the paths for the x-refs are not found. I tried to update them manually but when I reopen the file I have the same problem.

I hope someone can help with this.

Thanks in advance.

Luca

Product Support
sergio.bertino
Message 2 of 3 (83 Views)

Re: x-refs

01-20-2012 04:56 AM in reply to: Exergy_cad

Hi,

Please can you check if in the original file this option is checked:

xref.png

It means that when you create a dwg with some xref, this option avoids to loose them when you copy all the entities in a new drawing, as you said, because the path is "fixed"

Normally you should detach all the xrefs attached to the main drawing and reattach again with the new option, then you can copy all in a new drawing. Please try it and if It doesn't solve the problem let me know and try to give us more details (maybe you can attach some sample file)

Please, feel free to mark any response clicking on "Accept as Solution" button if it answers your question

Kind regards,
Sergio

Sergio Bertino
Contributor
Exergy_cad
Message 3 of 3 (74 Views)

Re: x-refs

01-20-2012 06:57 AM in reply to: Exergy_cad

Hello,

thanks for the reply.  I always work with full path but something happened when we changed the server. I tried to detach all the files and reattach them but it didn´t work, I created a new assembly file from scratch attaching the references and it seems the problem is solved.

Luca Tola

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.