Did you mean: 

Wipeout stopped "wiping out" & I can't select it

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
db_2014
3077 Views, 7 Replies

Wipeout stopped "wiping out" & I can't select it

I added a wipeout to my drawing a frew days ago to show a break in the building. It worked quite nicely. Today, after having worked on the drawing for a while, I noticed that the wipeout is no longer masking or wiping out. (It kinda does in the paper space, but it misses some lines.) Moreover I can't even select it to edit or delete it.

Take a look:

wipeout issue.gif

How can I fix it?

PS. I'm using Autocad 2012.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
db_2014
in reply to: db_2014

I think I got my answer:
https://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2011/03/10/how-to-select-delete-wipeouts/

Now I'm trying to see how to prevent the wipeout border from printing. Any ideas?

Message 3 of 8
hwalker

Type WIPEOUT

F for FRAMES. And you can either have them on or off.

HOWEVER if you switch them off you cannot select the wipeout to move it.

Another option would be to leave the Wipeout frame on, BUT change the colour to the TRUE COLOUR value of 255,255,255. This is TRUE WHITE.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 8
steve216586

On a side note about the lines not being wiped out. Change the DRAWORDER to place the wipeout to the front or on top. 

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 5 of 8
db_2014
in reply to: hwalker

Thank you for your input, guys. On the subject of changing color. Do you mean layer color? Because I'm not aware of any other color setting.

Message 6 of 8
db_2014
in reply to: steve216586

And also, I'm curious, is there a setting to make an object to be "always on top"?

Message 7 of 8
sthompson1021

Hi, what hwalker was referring to was the color of the frame. You could select the frame and change the color in properties to 255. As far as DRAWORDER, if you select an item and move it to the front, it will be stay in front unless you draw something over it or move something else to the front that would cover it. Then you would have to do it again.

Message 8 of 8
hwalker

@db_2014 wrote:

Thank you for your input, guys. On the subject of changing color. Do you mean layer color? Because I'm not aware of any other color setting.

No I mean object colour. You can select an indiviual object and change it's colour

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost