Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

¿Which is the best measure units to use? (International System)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
isidrosarquis
498 Views, 4 Replies

¿Which is the best measure units to use? (International System)

I've been looking for an advice for several hours and I couldn't find anything.

I want to chose the better, to start drawing. I use inches at work, but I want to use international system for myself for personal projects

I think there is a standard unit in files imported o r exported from another soft, smaller files, easier size to process by pc, quicker units to introduce, accurate, prototyping models soft compatibility, etc.

Any previous criteria for recommendation is perfect.

¿Which is the best measure units to use?

Spoiler

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jggerth
in reply to: isidrosarquis

I'f you going to use SI units, then the coices basically boil down to millimeters or meters. Not  a whole lot of problems either way -- just slide the decimal around.  If working in drwing thngs that are small, use mm.  Larger items, use meters.

If you want to have fun however, you could alwasy use the FFF system, firkin, furlong, & fortnights.  Although setting up a dimstyle might be trickier.

Message 3 of 5
dmfrazier
in reply to: isidrosarquis

The "best" units to use are the units used by the trades and/or individuals you expect to use the drawings/files you produce.

Message 4 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: jggerth

@jggerth wrote:

I'f you going to use SI units, then the coices basically boil down to millimeters or meters. Not  a whole lot of problems either way -- just slide the decimal around.  If working in drwing thngs that are small, use mm.  Larger items, use meters.

If you want to have fun however, you could alwasy use the FFF system, firkin, furlong, & fortnights.  Although setting up a dimstyle might be trickier.

I would ask how long is a fortnight, but I'd probably get the answer "2 weeks" Smiley LOL

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 5
dmfrazier
in reply to: hwalker

You all need to stop "firkin" around and get to work!Smiley LOL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost