What does the same thing as Etransmit?!

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
783 Views, 11 Replies

What does the same thing as Etransmit?!

good times over here

etransmit is not working, error says "Failed to load transmittal component: incorrect registry entry." ... googling this error, as enjoyable as it is, leads nowhere other than to "repair/reinstall Autocad" which I would do if I COULD FIND MY INSTALLATION DISK!  which I cannot ...

is there any other command or way to achieve the same end result as the command etransmit?  any workaround here please?

p.s. a clue as to why this is happening is that i had to uninstall civil 3d 2012 from this machine and that's when this started ...

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
braudpat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello

I imagine that you have a Civil 2012, but ...

You have which ACAD exactly (ACAD, LT, CIVIL, MAP, etc) ?

Which Version 2010/2011/2012 ?

32 or 64 bits ?

Win XP Pro / Seven ?

ETransmit stopped to run OK recently ??

Have you installed th SP1 or SP2 on your 2012 software ?

A few more Infos will be appreciated ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

sorry ... I'm using Autocad 2010

Message 4 of 12
jggerth

Contact your Autodesk reseller and request replacement media,  hopefully you still have your serial number and product code with the authorization email adesk sent you when you authorized the software.

or try http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18316170&linkID=9240617

Message 5 of 12
braudpat
in reply to: jggerth

Hello

You could try to REPAIR your ACAD 2010 Install !

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

thanks guys, however, I need a solution TODAY because I have to send a file to a client and etransmit is not working, there must be another way to pack a file with everything that's needed?!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: braudpat

the REPAIR approach still asks for the disk, is there a workaround here?

Message 8 of 12
jggerth

Workaround?  open XREF manager and copy down all the files, including nested/image/pdf/dwf etc.  Then run the Style command and see if there are any non-standard font files in use.  Then include your ctb/stb -- copy all to a separate folder and zip em up

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks! Getting closer now, could you please elaborate/explain just how to tell if any non-standard font files are in use? and what is "ctb/stb"?
Message 10 of 12
jggerth

ctb & stb are the extensions used for pen tables in plotting   without including those (presuming you are using plot styles at all)  it's difficult for the recipient to guess what a line is supposed to look like on paper.  (Is blue supposed to plot out fat, thin, medium?)

standard fonts would be those installed either with an basic  Windows setup, or a plain stock AutoCAD install.  If you've added & are using non-standard fonts, the the recipient's version will substitute fonts to display text using something they have instead of something they don't have.

for maximum portability between organizations, it's safest to stick with RomanS as an shx 'stroked' font, and Arial or Calibri as the TTF font.    If your drawing uses anything else, it may be a non-standard. 

You can lok at the font files being used by running the STYLE command and picking through the named styles to see what's required.  Or you can use the -STYLE  (with a hyphen in front, to get a screen listing all of the style in use with their fonts.  that output will look like:

Command: -style
Enter name of text style or [?] <Arial>: ?

Enter text style(s) to list <*>:

Text styles:
Style name: "Arial"       Font typeface: Arial
   Height: 0'-0"  Width factor: 1.0000  Obliquing angle: 0.0000
   Generation: Normal

Style name: "Legend"      Font typeface: Calibri
   Height: 0'-0"  Width factor: 1.0000  Obliquing angle: 0.0000

Style name: "romans"      Font files: romans.shx
   Height: 0'-0"  Width factor: 0.9000  Obliquing angle: 0.0000

Also - check the linetypes in use -- and see if any use complex characters that may require a shape file to create them.  If they do, and you don't supply it the recipient will get an alert about a missing shx file.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks very much for your help and taking the time to explain!
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

there is a service pack 2 that resolved the problem for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost