AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 11 of 13 (343 Views)

Re: what command open the Dimension style Manager

12-14-2012 03:35 AM in reply to: ersidhu

Hi,

start AutoCAD, type in all four choices and see which command does work and bring up a dialog for dimension-style-definition and which one does not.

As I already wrote (in another post): it's up to you to do the work, and that can be done very easy, you just need to do it, to be (a lot more) self-initiative.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 12 of 13 (333 Views)

12-14-2012 04:55 AM in reply to: ersidhu

Thanks for the explanation. I never said that posting simple questions was wrong. But including the explanation in a post and adding all the questions to that post would have brought a quicker response.

Wrong answers on a Civil Service test. Doesn't surprise me. I am surprised that they are AutoCAD specific. The ones I've seen try to be generic across platforms.

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 13 of 13 (328 Views)

12-14-2012 05:41 AM in reply to: ersidhu

As of release 2012 the answer would be C. DDIM and D are OOTB Aliases for the DIMSTYLE command.

However it gets tricky. In R12 (June 1992) the command was DDIM. I don't know when it changed. I would think that most people who worked on a version before it changed would think DDIM was the command. Possibly anyone who was originally taught to type DDIM would also think it was the command.

THIS link may help you with any questions. Also AutoCAD products can be downloaded for a 30 day trial or free to students.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.