Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Lights

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
GEOM.VALENTINOTRINCIARELLI8376
331 Views, 5 Replies

Web Lights

Hello everyone,i'm trying to use web lights with Autocad 2012 (not Archicad or Autocad Architecture) but after select a .ies file from light's properties (photometric web dialog box) it doesn't change nothing. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

What's your exact method? HELP says this:
- At the command prompt, enter lightingunits and set the value to 1 (American units) or 2 (International SI units) for photometric lighting.
- At the Command prompt, enter properties to activate the Properties palette.
- Enter spotlight at the Command prompt.
- In the drawing, select the light. The properties for the spotlight are displayed in the Properties palette.
- Under the General panel, change the lighting Type from spotlight to web.
- Under the Photometric Web panel, select the blank text box.
- Click the browse button and then select an IES file.
- The light has been changed to have a web distribution with the web settings from the IES file.

This review may help as well:
http://www.nxtrender.com/wk/Using_IES_(photometric)_lights.htm

Message 3 of 6

Thanks Pendean, i know what the help said, and i followed that steps, but after select the .ies file the light remains the same.

Usually when i create a light, i proceed in this way:

- Lighting units set to 2;

- At the command prompt, enter light, and following the subsequent steps immediately create a freeweb light;

- after i access to light's properties and select the .ies file under the Photometric Web panel.

I've try with standard photometric cad lights founded in cad's library, and i also try with downloaded .ies files from

Cooper Lighting (i've find it in another post).

But my web light never change; maybe there are other parameters to be changed or maybe i don't know.

Message 4 of 6

Did you read the 'additional notes' section of the link I provided? There are limitations and restrictions you need to be aware of.
Message 5 of 6

Nothing to do, unfortunately, I spotted all the information but the result doesn't change. Maybe a defect in my program installation?

Message 6 of 6

Hello everyone, i haven't yet found the solution, maybe someone got a different idea?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost