visual styles problem

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
pavlin22
4525 Views, 11 Replies

visual styles problem

Hello.
I have problem with my visual styles. I face it when I work with drawings within one project only (fortunately) and I believe (but not sure) that it caused by corrupted template file I used for preparing all the drawings (provided by others).
Problem is absence of difference between “2d wireframe” and “3d wireframe” modes, all the objects in “2d wireframe” mode look as they should be looking in “3d wireframe” one, as in model as in paper space.
Can this be resolved w/o replacing all the objects in new files created with other template?
Thanks beforehand for your answers.
Pavel

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: pavlin22

Hi,

delete all but 2 or 3 objects in modelspace and then upload the drawing if we should look into the details of the settings of the visual styles.

Otherwise you might create a new drawing (within that the visual styles are working) and use copy & paste to get your objects from the "defect" drawing to the new one.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 12
pavlin22
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for the prompt respond and your suggestion to check my file, Alfred. Corrupted file is attached.

I'd like to avoid second option you proposed.

Message 4 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Problem is absence of difference between “2d wireframe” and “3d wireframe” modes

>> all the objects in “2d wireframe” mode look as they should be looking in “3d wireframe” one

May I ask what difference you expect to see with a circle and a polyline?

For me switchin between "Wirframe" and "2D-Wireframe" shows another background, another UCS-icon, but what else do you think should be different?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 12
nestly2

Two observations:

In the attached drawing, DISPLSIHL (Display Silhouettes) has been changed from the default value of 0 to  a value of 1  This is reflected in the 2DWireframe visual style.

In the attached drawing, there are actually two "3D Wireframe" visual styles.... Wireframe and 3D Wireframe, of which I believe the former is the "default" for AutoCAD 2011 and 2012.   In the VS named "3D Wireframe" the Silouette Edges width have been increased from the default value of 3 to a value of 5.

Visual Style settings.gif

Message 6 of 12
pavlin22
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Sorry for not providing appropriate comments with my file, Alfred.

I use MagiCAD, an AutoCAD plugin for MEP engineering and some of its functionalities work only in "2d wireframe" mode (that's just a property of this plugin, not a best one). Majority of objects created with this software normally look differently in two above modes, but not in files I created with one template (provided by others) in order to import text and dimention styles and some other settings.  

It seems 2d wireframe mode settings have been somehow replaced with 3d wireframe mode ones in this template file so, now MagiCAD objects in all my files within one particular project look similar in 2d and 3d wireframe modes (please have a look at pdf-file attached for details) and I can't use several MagiCAD functionalities which are important for me.

Dwg-file I sent previously is a copy of one of my faulty files with all the MagiCAD objects deleted and couple of AutoCAD objects added. Please find 2 another dwg files attached, both content MagiCAD cable tray elemet (wich can't be read properly with your AutoCAD w/o MagiCAD plugin): "bad" and "good" ones.

Hope this helps you understand my problem. And thanks beforehand for any comment beforehand.

Pavel  

Message 7 of 12
pavlin22
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks nestly2. No, changing all the settings you listed doesn't help.

Message 8 of 12
nestly2

I'm pretty sure it's a MagiCAD thing.  In the "bad file" you attached the MagiCAD proxy object is a 3D entitiy, whereas in the "good file" it's a 2D representaion of a 3D entity.  (use 3Dorbit or Viewcube to view from non-plan view)  AutoCAD MEP and other vertical products have a similar feature which is called the Display Manager where depending on the view, the Display manager automatically changes how the object(s) are displayed, including whether they're shown as 3D objects, or 2D representations of the 3D object(s)

I don't know if it's related, but in your screencaps, in the "bad file" there's an icon in the status bar that looks like 3 chain links.  That icon is not in status bar in the "good file"  Is that a MagiCAD icon, and if so, is it related to the display?

Message 9 of 12
pavlin22

Sorry nestly2, I din't fully undrestand which icon you mean. Can you provide a screenshot please?

Yes, I will contact MagiCAD guys for their opinion, thanks for your input.

Message 10 of 12
nestly2

This is the icon I don't recognize.  It's shown in your PDF for the "bad file" but does not appear in the "good file"

statusbar icon.jpg

Message 11 of 12
pavlin22

To be honest I have no idea what this icom means, some kind of reference, I suppose.

I was preparing above screenshots last week. I made them not from separate files, I just copied MagiCAD elements in empty space of drawing, zoomed in and captured the picture. I don't remember which 2 files it were. I don't think it is a reason....   

Message 12 of 12
pavlin22

Yes, it was MagiCAD issue, it was easily resolved with one dialog that I never used. Sorry for inconvenience if any.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost