Distinguished Contributor
RafaelMoreno
Message 1 of 4 (4,802 Views)
Accepted Solution

Viewport vs Wipeout visbility

4802 Views, 3 Replies
01-16-2012 11:34 AM

Hi:

I am trying to have 2 viewports on my layout, one on the top of the other, but the viewoport that is on top, does not hide the drawing objects that I have in the view port on the bottom.

I tried to use a wipeout. and what this wipeout does is to hide the objects in the bottom viewport AND in the top viewport as well so I can not display my layout  in the way I want. Either the two viewport objects overlap eachother -without wipeout- OR I miss the objects in the viewport on the top. -with wipeout.

I have tried to use Draw order comand in ALL its variations with ALL these objects but it does not work. In the same way I have tried to use the Transarency command with no results at all.

Anybody ther can solve this visibility problem?

I am attaching a word document with an image that could show the problem better.

Thank you very much in advance

Rafael

Wipeout will not work in this situation. Use VPCLIP with the Polygonal option and trace the back viewport around the front vport.

Valued Mentor
tim.turner
Message 2 of 4 (4,780 Views)

Re: Viewport vs Wipeout visbility

01-16-2012 01:29 PM in reply to: RafaelMoreno

Wipeout will not work in this situation. Use VPCLIP with the Polygonal option and trace the back viewport around the front vport.

Distinguished Contributor
RafaelMoreno
Message 3 of 4 (4,772 Views)

01-16-2012 02:25 PM in reply to: tim.turner

Thank you very much.

I did not know that the wipeout does not work in these situations

Thanks

Rafael

Valued Mentor
gjrcmb
Message 4 of 4 (4,753 Views)

01-16-2012 06:13 PM in reply to: RafaelMoreno

I also was not aware of the wipeout limitations in paperspace, and it has probably been a while since I ran into the VPCLIP command, so Kudos to Tim on that one.

I also found the following tip along with the comments helpful in understanding the uses of the command:

http://cadtips.cadalyst.com/viewports/reshape-your-viewport

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.