AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

*Pro
nestly
Message 21 of 23 (461 Views)

Re: VIEWPORT COLOR OVERRIDE NOT WORKING

05-26-2012 10:26 AM in reply to: HAMJAM

VP overrides are used to override the layer settings, they won't override an object with individual property override, even in the same drawing.

IMO, if the objects need to be displayed differently, then that means the are "different" from the other objects, and therefore deserve their own layer.

Active Contributor
HAMJAM
Message 22 of 23 (459 Views)

05-26-2012 11:32 AM in reply to: nestly

"VP overrides are used to..." - noted many thanks

I would therefore be interested in your opinion how you would organsie the following layers.  As you will see in the video I have a plan showing the areas around a window.  The walls, where the section is taken are on blue so they print heavy.  If you look at the yellow line they are still walls but need to print lighter .  However, as the section is takn above this area they should be on a heavier line weight (in my case on the yellow colour) but still remain on the walls layer.

As you have kindly seen in this post the walls on the yellow override will not come out grey as I would like.   Please see link below.....

http://screencast.com/t/o44wY7uWJP5

Contributor
cgentile
Message 23 of 23 (189 Views)

12-04-2013 09:59 AM in reply to: chaz

I had a similar issue when working with an extremely large references. After the layerstate is applied, try REGENALL. It worked for me. Could be a memory thing with CAD.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.