AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

barplan
Message 1 of 7 (1,256 Views)

Viewport changing shadeplot type

1256 Views, 6 Replies
06-15-2011 12:20 AM

We've recently upgraded to AutoCAD 2012, having previously used 2008. All our drawings are therefore in 2007 drawing format (not sure this is relevant!). When I open a drawing, and send a plot, I noticed that the linetypes in my plot were strange - hidden lines plot as solid, lines thicker than other lines, etc. I've discovered (from another forum) that the shadeplot type in my viewports has changed to "legacy hidden" instead of "as displayed". When I open the same drawing in AutoCAD 2008, the shadeplot is correctly set to "as displayed". Is there something I'm missing that is causing my viewports to change to "legacy hidden" plot style?

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm currently having to (remember to) change the viewport shade plot to "as displayed", or I'm wasting a lot of plotter paper!

Thank you!

etrempe
Message 2 of 7 (1,159 Views)

Re: Viewport changing shadeplot type

10-02-2011 11:32 AM in reply to: barplan

I'm having the opposite problem actually.  The viewports in my layouts actually change from Legacy Hidden to As Displayed.  Either way, the shadeplot setting for the viewports is changing from what we want it set to. 

Any new input?  I've checked through the forums, but I've not seen anything that resolves the issue.

Also, for what it's worth, I'm using AutoCAD Mechanical 2012, latest service pack, and am saving to AutoCAD2004 format.

tkottke
Message 3 of 7 (970 Views)

08-07-2012 12:35 PM in reply to: barplan

Same problem here...vewport changing to As Displayed...HELP!!!

jbrown1434
Message 4 of 7 (892 Views)

12-18-2012 03:31 PM in reply to: barplan

I have the same issue.  I set my viewport to "Legacy Hidden" and if I save wile I am in that layout, the shade plot changes to "As Displayed".  If I save the file in while in model space then the shade plot doesen't change.  I also go through alot of paper trying to it right so any help would be great.  Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 5 of 7 (885 Views)

12-18-2012 11:38 PM in reply to: jbrown1434

Hi,

>> I set my viewport to "Legacy Hidden" and if I save wile I am in that layout,

>> the shade plot changes to "As Displayed"

What DWG-format do you use to save the drawing?

What does command _AUDIT bring up?

Can you upload such a drawing, just the layout with the viewport, but first try it to see if the issue persists with this new drawing.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
jbrown1434
Message 6 of 7 (837 Views)

01-15-2013 06:07 PM in reply to: jbrown1434
Hello Alfred, Thanks for getting back to me. I tried the audit command and it told me there were no errors and had some info on my X Y and Z axis but no errors and no repairs. I am working in AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 and my save format is AutoCAD Mechanical 2007 Drawing(*.dwg). Where (or how) do I upload just the layout with the viewport? Jason jbrown@westernshelter.com
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 7 of 7 (831 Views)

01-15-2013 10:08 PM in reply to: jbrown1434

Hi,

>> I am working in AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 and my save format is AutoCAD Mechanical 2007 Drawing(*.dwg)

try to save in current format and see if it happens (don't know why I overread the 2007-saving).

>> Where (or how) do I upload just the layout with the viewport?

Make a copy of your drawing, delete all but the layout and maybe one or two 3D-objects, save this drawing and upload it here (if you are in the internet-browser where you answer to this post under your text-window you have the ability to attach a file).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.