AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

jessetherrien
Message 1 of 4 (1,831 Views)
Accepted Solution

Using Tool Palettes for Blocks Insertion, Wrong Scale??

1831 Views, 3 Replies
06-08-2011 11:34 AM

So for work we made a drawing where we drew up several templates, and from there I WBLOCK'd the templates to help organize them into folders. I just read about tool palettes and decided to try that with those folders.

The problem I am having is that they are inserting at the wrong scale... from my guess it seems to be inserting as a unitless block... is there a way to fix this? My guess is that I need to reinsert them into a new drawing that is not unitless... is there a more efficient way of tackling this?

An aside, when I use the template saved from the WBLOCK'ing to DWG files, they insert at the correct scale. This is why it's confusing me.

Regards,

Jesse T.

Jesse T.

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 32-bit
Win XP Pro SP3
Dual Core, 4 GB of RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX3700

In the properties of the block on the palette, change the scale.  Or make your block annotative.

Distinguished Mentor
jaich
Message 2 of 4 (1,818 Views)

Re: Using Tool Palettes for Blocks Insertion, Wrong Scale??

06-08-2011 12:00 PM in reply to: jessetherrien

In the properties of the block on the palette, change the scale.  Or make your block annotative.

jessetherrien
Message 3 of 4 (1,816 Views)

06-08-2011 12:10 PM in reply to: jaich

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt response. I was thinking, and we switch between metres, mills and inches for units between different drawings. I don't think that that is the best solution to this situation.

I've never used annotative blocks, and have done some light reading on them... I will try them out as soon as I post this.

Attached is a screenshot of the properties box when I click on the palette to insert a block.

EDIT: Tried the Annotative blocks... seemed to fix my problem... thanks again!

Jesse T.

Win XP Pro SP3
Dual Core, 4 GB of RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX3700
jessetherrien
Message 4 of 4 (1,793 Views)

06-08-2011 02:13 PM in reply to: jessetherrien

Upon further working with the blocks... what I found is that when I made the blocks in the template drawing, it automatically converted the drawing from meters to millimeters without changing the units.

I just needed to go into the block editor and fix the units.

Jesse T.

Win XP Pro SP3
Dual Core, 4 GB of RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX3700
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.