Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unwanted vertexes on boundary and hatch

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
tanyakorban
664 Views, 8 Replies

unwanted vertexes on boundary and hatch

when doing boundary on a region, the polyline being created is adding vertexes on every corner as the picture shows, it's not giving me a clean polyline.

same happens when i do a hatch.

any command/option could fix this?

thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

the boundary-command creates a vertex at every point where the base geometry has a vertex/points.
It does not clean up any points.At least the advantage is when you start command _STRETCH to modify anything from the source elements your boundary can follow that modifications on every point.

And no, there is no setting to do such cleanup's while creating boundaries.

If you have Map3D or Civil3D then you might use command _MAPCLEAN to do such simplifications.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9

it did not do that before, it recently started doing that.

on the pc right next to me on the same file it does not do that, the polyline  created through a boundary is a clean rectangle.

on mine, it adds each and every vertex available around the region as a polyline vertex.

Message 4 of 9
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: tanyakorban

Could you please attach the drawing? This would make it easier to figure out what is happening and give you the correct answer.

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 9

Hi,

>> on the pc right next to me on the same file it does not do that

Hard to believe, can you upload that drawing (if possible with the polyline, that was cleaned after starting command _BOUNDARY)?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 9

turns out sometimes it does that issue and sometimes it doesn't.

i can't understand what's going on.

even as simple as with two rectangles drawn from endpoint to endpoint.

check the attachment please. i can not upload the file 🙂

Message 7 of 9

Trying to figure out if this is a 2D or 3D drawing (which I doubt is 3D and the walls are just hatched) Thats why I requested the drawing.

But what you can do to fix up the walls (ONLY IF ITS 2D)

1. xplode the polyline > Then you would be able to see the different lines.
  2. Type in "Overkill" and remove the lines on top of each other
  3. Then use the join command to create the polyline again.
  4. Try creating the boundary again
If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 8 of 9

Hi,

>> turns out sometimes it does that issue and sometimes it doesn't

The only thing I can imagine is, that there are double (or more) elements as source elements, and (at least) one is already a clean rectangle existing.

Then it might depend on selection-sorting, if the command _BOUNDARY finds the clean rectangle or it finds the more segmented other geometry.

You might delete all out from the drawing (copy of your drawing 😉 ) that is secret and upload the rest so we can look into it, otherwise it's not more than guessing.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 9
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: tanyakorban

@tanyakorban wrote:

when doing boundary on a region, the polyline being created is adding vertexes on every corner as the picture shows, it's not giving me a clean polyline.

You can apply something like this to the resulting Polyline afterwards, to eliminate vertices between collinear segments.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost