Unconstraining Text to Geometry

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
747 Views, 6 Replies

Unconstraining Text to Geometry

Hello,

I have used "t2g" Text to Geometry to input text into my .dwg file, but if I cut that out with a plasma cutter for instance an 8 wouldn't save the middle of the number. Is there a way to draw a new line that connects to the number, and trim the parts of the lines that I want to erase? It doesn't seem to e constrained in any way, but it kinda is...

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not familiar with T2G.  What type of geometry is created?  If lines/polylines/spines etc, you should just be able to draw some lines to represent the portions you don't want the cutter to remove and then TRIM as needed.

Attach a sample drawing containing the number "8" that has been converted to geometry using T2G if you need additional help.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

I've tried trimming it, and it doesn't work...attached is the picture of the "8"

Message 4 of 7
nestly2

Unfortunately, a picture isn't enough to tell why it won't TRIM, you need to attach the .dwg file.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Here it is.

Message 6 of 7
nestly2

I believe the reason you can't TRIM is because the object is a block.  After EXPLODing, you should not have any trouble editing the geometry.

Also, if you don't want the constrained geometry, use DELCONSTRAINT from the Ribbon or command line to delete existing constraints,  and then disable CONSTRAINTINFER (toggle statusbar icon)

Block-Explode-Trim.gif

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

It worked when I used the "Explode Attributes". 

Thank you very much for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost