AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

dcarney425
Message 1 of 6 (577 Views)

Unable to open DWG from network drive

577 Views, 5 Replies
02-08-2012 09:28 AM

I am running AutoCAD MEP 2012. I am unable to open drawings that are stored on a network drive. I continue to get a "Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0X0000 Exception at f5bfaad0h"  and AutoCAD closes. If I copy that same file to the computer and make it local, it opens without any problem. All files local open just fine. Also, I am able to open the same drawing on the network from multiple other computers.

I have tried to repair AutoCAD and check all network settings on the computer, but everything appears correct. Any suggestions on the issue?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 6 (559 Views)

Re: Unable to open DWG from network drive

02-09-2012 06:02 AM in reply to: dcarney425

>>>... I am able to open the same drawing on the network from multiple other computers...<<<

Describe this location in more details other than "network": and confirm you do have read-write access to it through your Windows Log-in rights (AutoCAD does not override these ever).

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
dcarney425
Message 3 of 6 (557 Views)

02-09-2012 06:09 AM in reply to: dcarney425

Yes, I can confirm that I have Full Control of the Drawing(Read/Write Control). The Drawings are stored on a Drive in the server, which is shared to all Users. All Users have Full Control over all Drawings on this Drive, there are no permissions in place for any User accessing anything within this Drive.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 6 (555 Views)

02-09-2012 06:18 AM in reply to: dcarney425

What is your server OS?

What is your desktop OS?

We do this all day long with no issues just like you: is 2012 a recent installation, or did you all get new PCs, or a new server? Basically, what changed recently?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
dcarney425
Message 5 of 6 (553 Views)

02-09-2012 06:36 AM in reply to: pendean

The only thing that has changed is upgrading from AutoCAD 2010 to AutoCAD 2012. The AutoCAD 2010 products have been completley uninstalled and removed. Then the AutoCAD 2012 was installed. NO Profiles have been imported  - the 2012 is running the default profile. When I try to open a drawing from the Drive stored in the Server, I get the Unhandled Violation message. If I copy that same drawing to my computer it opens and works just fine. I have already tried to repair the AutoCAD installation, but that didn't help.

There are 100+ other users that have gone through the same steps as far as the Upgrade process and how the Drawings are being open and have no problems what so ever.

What is your server OS?   -   Server 2008 R2

What is your desktop OS?  -  Windows 7 Pro SP1 64BIT

Basically, what changed recently?  -  The only thing that has changed is the install of AutoCAD 2012.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 6 of 6 (544 Views)

02-09-2012 09:04 AM in reply to: dcarney425

Since it is only your computer, it could be something as simple as a .NET Framework issue.  The only thing that changed was installing an upgrade to AutoCAD, which also installs an upgrade to .NET as a prerequisite.  You might consider removing old versions of .NET and making sure your .NET 4 is up-to-date. 

Other than that, see if there is an update to your network NIC driver. 

.NET Framework issues can be resolved using the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool. More information about this tool can be found at my discussion thread here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.