AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
bluebull
Message 1 of 9 (847 Views)
Accepted Solution

Unable to Hatch

847 Views, 8 Replies
02-13-2013 03:40 PM

Can anybody hatch this pool deck with sun chairs (blocks)?  I have included an attachment ......triming here is very tricky if not impossible.....

I don't have time to open the dwg, but based on the other comments, it's worth mentioning: if you're not looking straight down on a hatch (for example, either the hatch is skewed relative to the Z coordinate OR the view isn't perpenticular to the hatch) then you can get unexpected results. For instance, often the hatch won't show up.

DDVPOINT set to plan (assuming the hatch is in the World x/y plane) is one thing to check.

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 9 (833 Views)

Re: Unable to Hatch

02-13-2013 06:27 PM in reply to: bluebull

Different Z

Active Contributor
bluebull
Message 3 of 9 (814 Views)

02-13-2013 09:35 PM in reply to: Patchy

Was this on on dwg?   it a 2D dwg...........what happened? 

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 9 (805 Views)

02-13-2013 11:54 PM in reply to: bluebull

Hi,

>> Was this on on dwg?

It IS in your dwg, open it, use _ORBIT to rotate the view and you see it.

>> it a 2D dwg...........what happened?

Someone used other Z-values than 0, who did that or what command was used to create that is not stored in the drawing.

However, when I open your drawing AutoCAD tells me "DWG file was saved by an application not developed or licensed by Autodesk", so what have you used to create/modify this drawing?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Expert Elite*
braudpat
Message 5 of 9 (785 Views)

02-14-2013 06:41 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hello

I hope that I have corrected all your strange Elevations !

Please check the DWG ...

Bye, Patrice

Bye, Pat ( Supporting Troops )
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Compliment) - Thanks
Active Contributor
bluebull
Message 6 of 9 (769 Views)

02-14-2013 09:45 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

What a mess, I got this dwg from somebody else, did not tell these me of these  parameters ....

This one  is lost,  no wonder I could not succeed. 

No more futher commets.

Lets move on.......

Valued Contributor
Kevin078
Message 7 of 9 (739 Views)

02-15-2013 04:04 PM in reply to: bluebull

I don't have time to open the dwg, but based on the other comments, it's worth mentioning: if you're not looking straight down on a hatch (for example, either the hatch is skewed relative to the Z coordinate OR the view isn't perpenticular to the hatch) then you can get unexpected results. For instance, often the hatch won't show up.

DDVPOINT set to plan (assuming the hatch is in the World x/y plane) is one thing to check.

Active Contributor
bluebull
Message 8 of 9 (732 Views)

02-15-2013 05:01 PM in reply to: Kevin078

Thank you very much, this bit of info. was an eye opener, I did not know about this command DDVPOINT it definite make sense........

The problem is that sometimes there are too many people working on the same dwg. and problems are created without anybody aware of it, and without knowing where to start looking, you assumed the file is corrupted.

Valued Contributor
Kevin078
Message 9 of 9 (670 Views)

02-19-2013 09:22 AM in reply to: bluebull

Understood. It can be like that sometime. - Playing detective can be a challenging part of the job. - By the way, if that was the issue the command FLATTEN may be of some use. A word of warning though, for very large dwgs FLATTEN (All) can take a while and/or cause ACAD to not respond. So, be sure to save your work first and you might want to FLATTEN portions of the dwg at a time.

For what it's worth, when ACAD says "Not Responding" sometimes it's just thinking (slowly). I've never seen this in any of the books, but doing a CTRL-ALT-DEL to the Windows Task Manager, highlighting ACAD and cancelling out of the Task Manager (DO NOT END TASK) can give ACAD a kick in the pants (& it'll start responding again).

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.