Did you mean: 

Trim / Extend default settings?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
morganism3
5915 Views, 3 Replies

Trim / Extend default settings?

I have tried adjusting many things with trim and extend, but I still occassionally have a trimmed or extended line end midair between two points . . . I can't even see an obvious correlation to anything, the dwgs this is happening in have many lines but it doesn't look to me like it's lining up with anything else in the dwg . . .It's definitely not stopping at any points, nodes, white lines, wipeouts, I can do a crossing or adjust point format and there's nothing there where it's stopping. . .

I can't provide a file because 1.) it doesn't do this all the time, 2.) my work files are classified, and 3.) I think it's in my settings, anyway.

Can someone tell me what the absolute default of the trim/extend commands should be, in case I've overlooked something? Or how to make only this command, and nothing else, revert to default?

Also, could this be related to my habit of setting dwgs at a low viewres while working?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: morganism3

What's your EDGEMODE setting ?

Message 3 of 4
morganism3
in reply to: Patchy

Message 4 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: morganism3

I would suspect the objects are at different elevations, in which case the PROJECT option within TRIM/EXTEND determines how (or whether) non-intersecting objects are trimmed/extended.

Start TRIM, Select at least one cutting object, then look at the command line for the PROJECT option

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost