Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transparent hatch to dwf

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
randyspear6624
957 Views, 9 Replies

transparent hatch to dwf

I created a large transparent hatch in one drawing and copied it into 2 other drawings for use. 2 out of the 3 drawings plot to dwf and then to a plotter or pdf as expected but the 3rd dwf looks good until you plot that to a plotter or pdf; then it turns solid, masking everything underneath it.

additionally, if I go straight from CAD to pdf or plotter the transparency is removed as well.

cetransparency = bylayer

plot with transparenccy is checked on

I tried copying everything to a new drawing with no luck.

what else could i be missing?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: randyspear6624

"plot with plot styles" checked/unchecked maybe?

Message 3 of 10
randyspear6624
in reply to: Anonymous

plot styles is checked on.

the problem is going from dwf to pdf though.

see attached images

Message 4 of 10

see attached

Message 5 of 10
jggerth

erase the hatch, and recreate it.  (Tip to make your life easier -- run HATCHEDIT first and recreate the boundary)

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

another thought - select the hatch and look at its properties to be sure it has a plotstyle of bylayer assigned to it and not some other one which might override your intention

Message 7 of 10
randyspear6624

i'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the dwg as you can see from the dwf.

it's when i go from dwf to pdf that the transparent hatch gets screwed up. 

Upon further review... I've narrowed it down to an adobe issue bc i can plot ot pdf xchange without issues.

it's too bad bc we have to fight for an adobe license around here giving the reason that it's more consistent and efficient that the rest of the pdf writers but then it too has it's flaws. looks bad on me.

Message 8 of 10
jggerth

if 2 out of 3 pasted verwsions of the hatch work as expected, and 1 doesn't, then it's almost certainly something to do with the pasted hatch pattern, or the dwg it's pasted in to.

Relying on a specific interaction between an almost certainly 'odd' hatch and 'yet another pdf printer' to get the results you want is a tad bit risky IMO

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I thought it might be Adobe myself - even tried to duplicate your problem using varios setting changes in Adobe. No luck but, I'm fairly sure that is where the issue is.

Message 10 of 10
randyspear6624

Yeah, the dwf's look great but as soon as they are plotted to pdf or plotter, the result is brutal.

CAD to DWF (good)

CAD to Plotter (good)

CAD to PDF (bad)

DWF to PDF (bad)

Seeing as though, we always send pdfs to clients I'm going to have to stop using the transparency feature until it gets fixed. 

Here's another example of a transparent image.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost