Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformation Commands require two clicks (enter)

38 REPLIES 38
SOLVED
Message 1 of 39
Anonymous
10117 Views, 38 Replies

Transformation Commands require two clicks (enter)

Using ACAD2013, any command I try to execute requires two clicks. This specifically occurs with transformational commands - i.e. offset, rotate, mirror, but not line. For example I will enter the "OFFSET" command and hit enter, however instead of prompting me to input my OFFSET variables I will have to hit enter again and then enter the requisite variables. In effect I have to hit enter twice to execute any command of this sort. I have already tried changing my PICKFIRST settings, and AUTOCOMPLETE. I'm at a loss. Please help.

Best,

Tal

38 REPLIES 38
Message 21 of 39
info
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm having this issue as well. I have to enter twice to activate certain commands. It happens only about half the time and only when I have an object selected. When I type a command and hit enter/space/right-click, it's as if I didn't even hit enter. I have to enter again to activate the command. e.g. I selected a line and typed cc (my alias for copy). Nothing happened. I hit escape to deselect the line and tried again. Still nothing happened. I repeated this several times. Then I zoomed out with my mouse wheel one click and selected the line and typed cc, and the command worked fine. Nothing shows up on the command line with the first enter when this happens.

Message 22 of 39
info
in reply to: info

I'm using Autocad 2015

Message 23 of 39
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

the first user in that thread could solve it with resetting the AutoCAD profile, have you tried that?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 24 of 39
info
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred,

I was hoping to avoid doing that but that will be my last resort. I thought maybe by now there may be a fix for the issue.

Message 25 of 39
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

within this thread here the op never gave an info if he found out what customization made this happening.

You can now start to go through all tools/apps/plugins, their menu(s) and autoloader and see which one is the reason for that. But I'm not sure what will need more time (and will you even find it).

If you are not sure if resetting the profile helps then create a new Windows user account, login with that account, start AutoCAD and see if the same happens. That will not touch your user-name and your user settings for AutoCAD but you see if resetting profile would help or not.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 26 of 39
info
in reply to: Patchy

As a last resort, I went ahead and went with the reset option. I told Autocad to save a backup of all my custom settings files hoping this would save me some time setting everything back up. It did create the backup zip file, but unfortunately the file is empty. When I try to unzip it, Windows says the file is invalid. I don't suppose this is normal by any chance?

It does look like the double enter problem was solved by the reset.

Message 27 of 39
info

Not sure why this was marked as a solution. Inconvenient work around maybe...

Message 28 of 39
lpankhurst1

Found a solution to my recent problem of having to "enter" in the pull down dialogue box before being able to execute a command. This was never the case before?

For instance:

If I were to "stretch" or "mirror" etc, I would have to click on "enter" in the pull down box BEFORE "stretch" could be achieved

To Fix:

Go to "Options" - use the spanner left of the COMMAND BAR - find "options" - then find "user preferences" - click on "Right Click Customization" - then click "ENTER" 

This fixed the double entries for me - things are back to normal and quicker!

Message 29 of 39

Hi,

>> To Fix: Go to "Options" - [...]

That removes the context menu while you have commands active, not sure if everyone wants that.

But thanks for your input!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 30 of 39
Palanlan

It sounds like you've already "solved" this issue with a settings reset but I thought I'd share my experience with this issue as well.  I had the same thing going on.  I discovered it was caused by my selection cycling setting (within drafting settings > DS).  I noticed it was only happening with objects that were overlapping other objects (like 2 polylines on top of eachother or a polyline on top of an xrefed polyline.  Pretty easy fix:

1. In the command line, type "DS" to bring up the drafting settings dialogue
  2. Go to the 'Selection Cycling' tab
  3. Uncheck the box next to 'Allow Selection Cycling' and hit OK

Hopefully this does the trick for anyone else having this issue.

Running AutoCAD Civil 3D
Message 31 of 39
lpankhurst1
in reply to: Palanlan

Thank you Palanlan,

I will try it : )

Message 32 of 39
davidt1981

Hi there i'm using Autocad 2013 with the ribbon active. I noticed i was having to select a command twice from the ribbon. I found that by docking my command line which was floating succeeded in rectifying the problem. Hope this helps OP even if it is 4 years to late!

Message 33 of 39
jgoldstien

I had been having the same issue.  Turning off Selection Cycling worked for me.

Message 34 of 39
D.Hollins

Un-checking selection cycling box solved that for me. Thanks heaps!! That should be the solution

Message 35 of 39
jhenrichs

I am having this same problem. For example: I have to click twice to copy an object. I discovered this only happens when the object I am trying to copy is layered on top of another object. It is making me confirm which object I want to confirm before it will copy.  How to do I change this to a single click command?  

Message 36 of 39
youssef133139

you need to press control + shift you might have changed the language to and you have to changed back again.

Message 37 of 39
muniramerruddin

The solution is to tick "Noun/Verb Selection" at the Selection tab in Options. 

Message 38 of 39
jeremyYBLLM

This is a frustrating issue that I encountered with many of the "Modify" and "Draw" commands. This solution will work if you don't use the pop-up shortcut menus.

I solved this by going to Options (OP <Enter> in the command line). Click on "User Preferences" tab. Under "Windows Standard Behavior" select "Shortcut menus in drawing area" then "Right-click Customization...". In the pop-up window select "Repeat Last Command" under both the "Default Mode" and "Edit Mode". Select "ENTER" under "Command Mode" and finally "Apply & Close"

Message 39 of 39
bragaglia9VANH

Type 'Options'

Go to 'User Preferences'

Uncheck Double click editing.

Should resolve the need to double click if you encounter the issue again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost