AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Mentor
mrkaplan
Message 1 of 6 (730 Views)
Accepted Solution

tool palette crash

730 Views, 5 Replies
01-10-2013 02:06 AM

my tool palette causes a systamtic crash at startup .

is there a way to launch without opening toolpalettes .?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 6 (718 Views)

Re: tool palette crash

01-10-2013 03:39 AM in reply to: mrkaplan

Hi,

>> is there a way to launch without opening toolpalettes .?

Close the palettes, save the workspace, then restart AutoCAD.

>> my tool palette causes a systamtic crash at startup

What crash do you get that you know that the palettes is the source of the problem (I'm just snoopy).

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Valued Mentor
mrkaplan
Message 3 of 6 (712 Views)

01-10-2013 04:21 AM in reply to: mrkaplan

as i said autocad crashes right away at startup  . theres no way i can close palettes and quit after .

some time ago a system crash happened ( dont remember the cause )  while autocad was running . ever since that when lauching autocad , it crashes at startup .

the reason why i m saying its related to tolpalettes is because of how it happens when i launch acad:

1 - autocad main window appear normally

2 - adcenter pops up normally

3 - toolpalettes pop up and acad immediatly crashes  - with an error message i cannot read because it disappears instanly

if i could get acad to start without opening palettes ,  perhaps id be able to follow your procedure and fix palettes after

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 6 (708 Views)

01-10-2013 04:29 AM in reply to: mrkaplan

Hi,

if you  have saved a workspace previously you can use the command-line parameter /W for "Default Workspace (>>>details<<<).

If you have not saved a workspace yet it get's a little more complicated. You might try to use the /P startparameter for another AutoCAD-profile (you can assign a new name so AutoCAD creates a new profile for you with that name), but if it's really the toolpalette from your default AutoCAD-menu it will also be loaded in that way. But at least it's worth to try.

And to verify if it's the toolpalette you can also login to your Windows with another user-account and try AutoCAD again.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Valued Mentor
mrkaplan
Message 5 of 6 (663 Views)

01-12-2013 02:22 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

hello ,

your sugesstion kind of worked . i added the /p in shortcut , even though acad did not find the profile , it worked as it switched to defaults  and was able to run .

but after that there are still issues , i believe now might be related to the system or my  session . 

loading my config causes again a crash when TP appear. other problems happen such as inability to load profiles because of registry error .  And i have windows error message every 5 to 10 mn , about C++. 

i hope IT has a look at my pc sometime soon .  thanks anyway.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 6 of 6 (658 Views)

01-12-2013 03:17 AM in reply to: mrkaplan

Hi,

as you got your AutoCAD running with the new profile I would suggest "forget the old one", prepare you new one to that it looks like the old one, do your customizations again and that should it be.

I don't think that it is easy to get a profile (your old defect one) again running when you don't know where the defect is.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.