Tool Palette - Can't add new block to palette

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
Caio789
12890 Views, 19 Replies

Tool Palette - Can't add new block to palette

Hello,

I'm currently updating a Tool Palette with new blocks. It was all going well until I tried to make changes on the path of the TP (options > files > tool palettes) to the companys network. The DWG containing the blocks, which I am updating, was already in the network. My problem is that I created some more blocks but when I highlight any block in the file and try to drag it to the palette to add it there, it won't work as it was. I tried setting the TP path to the old TP file path but without any luck.

I appreciatte any help !

Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Caio789

Hi,

>> it won't work as it was

Don't you get then added an icon for this new item? Or does this item then have no properties? Or is it then not possible to insert that block?

...or what means "it won't work" exactly?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 20
Caio789
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

It is not possible to create an icon for that block when I drag it to the palette. It won't display any error messages thought.

Message 4 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

when you start draging the block, did you "catch" it on it's grip point or on a geometry part of the block? (second one would be correct).

And just to make sure: you have write-permission on the drive/folder where the tool palettes are stored now?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 20
Caio789

Hi,

Yes, I am dragging catching it by the geometry part. Yes I do have permission.
I am wondering if the Toll Palette has got any size limit, since my problem is to create an icon just in New Palettes. To create it on Palettes that were already there, I can create them.

Thank you for helping. 

Message 6 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> To create it on Palettes that were already there, I can create them.

Ohh, new info 😉

The "palettes that were already there" ... are that the original AutoCAD palettes or also new ones created some times ago?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 20
Caio789

Hi,

I deleted all Auto-CAD original palettes, since we don't use them. All the palettes that I have now were created by me (last week actually). What I find it strange is that I am doing the same process to create the icons that I was doing before I change the Toll Palettes file path. 

Message 8 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

are there any other CAD-workstations accessing this directory and the tool palettes in that?

Do you have the chance to login to your system with another Windows login and try to load the tool palettes from the network drive and add a new icon onto it.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 20
Caio789

Hi,

At this moment the current Tool Palette's path is at my personal drive, not in the network. I changed it again, after noticing this problem.
At this moment I can't login to my system from a different computer.

Message 10 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> At this moment I can't login to my system from a different computer.
Sorry no, not login from a different computer, just with a different login-name, but all on your system.

>> At this moment the current Tool Palette's path is at my personal drive

And if you change the settings back to the original folder/files, does it then work?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 11 of 20
Caio789

Hi,

Tried changing the settings back to the original folder/files, still won't work.

Message 12 of 20
Caio789

Hi,

When I change the settings back to the original folder/files, it still doesn't works.

Message 13 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

have you tried to login with another Windows-account?

I have no idea now as long as I don't see the files and folders (and the permissions they are set to).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 14 of 20
Caio789

No, still haven't got a chance.

I am creating the icons in a palette that is already there for now. Isn't the perfect solution, but still a solution.

Thank you for all your help, I appreciate it !

Regards,

Caio

Message 15 of 20
Caio789

Hello,

So, I solved the problem by deleting the profile I had created and reset Auto-CAD to default settings. The Tool Palette is still there with my old icons and now I can add new palettes.

Regards,

Caio 

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous

I had the same issue with a networked tool pallette, after unlocking it and having the same issue i tried multiple avenue but nothing worked. Then I tried creating a new tool pallette location in the hope of being able to copy and paste the new catalogue to the current catalogues location, just setting my "Tool Palettes File locations" ONE file back from its current save location resulted in the new tool palette autosaving its new catalogue file in the correct location. Then once I reset "tool palette file location" to the preferred file, AutoCAD loaded the original palette's as well as the new palette. I fthat was confusing I apologize, my first post. If anyone needs clarification i will re-post a step by step. Hope this helps.

Message 17 of 20
jovan_jauregui
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, 

I am currently having the same issue with the tool pallet not accepting new blocks.. Could you go in depth on step how you figured it out? 

Thanks!

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous

This issue still exists in Civil-3D 2020 and 2022.  Still waiting for an answer on how to fix the issue.  Autodesk?

Message 19 of 20
Domziman

I also have the same issue in 2022 cant Add any files to tool pallets

Civil 3D Certified Professional
Message 20 of 20
djjelsma
in reply to: Domziman

k

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost