AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

leslie
Message 1 of 8 (324 Views)

the UNDO command goes crazy

324 Views, 7 Replies
05-29-2012 03:58 PM

Since upgrading to Acad 2011 from 2007,  there is a major issue with the undo command.  Instead of undoing back one command at a time, it races through everything since the last save!  It does not do it everytime, just randomly.   I am afraid to use the command at all. 

thanks,

leslie

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 8 (299 Views)

Re: the UNDO command goes crazy

05-31-2012 06:09 AM in reply to: leslie

UNDO command (not U command) has options and settings at the command line, explore them and see if they help. Also explore UNDOCTL variable setting, it will let you know how UNDO is set to behave.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
Inciner
Message 3 of 8 (278 Views)

06-03-2012 11:22 AM in reply to: leslie

This becames because sometimes some commands does not set UNDO mark after executing =)

SAVE command makes "_UNDO" "_END" more properly. Custom LISP commands does that bug more often, that integrated.

leslie
Message 4 of 8 (269 Views)

06-04-2012 11:55 AM in reply to: leslie

There was a new Reply.

Subject:  Re: the UNDO command goes crazy
Author:Inciner (Member)
Date:06-03-2012 11:22 AM

This becames because sometimes some commands does not set UNDO mark after executing =)

SAVE command makes "_UNDO" "_END" more properly. Custom LISP commands does that bug more often, that integrated.

Hi -I think you are on to something here.  I think the Fillet command may be one of the culprits.  I use aliases all the time, F for fillet, U for undo.  Is there a way to make a command set the UNDO mark after executing ? U is not a custom LISP command, is it?  

This has never happened to me in previous versions of Autocad, just in the 2011 version! 

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 8 (262 Views)

06-05-2012 03:59 AM in reply to: leslie

Start 2011's HELP and look at the command list under the letter U: there is already a U command in AutoCAD, so your PGP entry to use the full command UNDO is ignored I believe.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
leslie
Message 6 of 8 (245 Views)

06-08-2012 09:54 AM in reply to: pendean
I realize now that it is not the Undo or the U command. It is the U within the fillet command. If I use FILLET, it only does one time unless I choose M for multiple. Then after several fillets, I choose U, it undoes only the very last one...perfect, this is what I want. However, I am in the habit (15 years) of using the Aliases. So I type F (which I thought was just a shortcut to the full command FILLET). When I use this shortcut, it defaults to Multiple mode, and if I choose U while the command is active, that is when the whole thing goes crazy and undoes everything back to the last time I saved. So-- can someone explain how to change this? leslie
Contributor
Inciner
Message 7 of 8 (243 Views)

06-08-2012 10:39 AM in reply to: leslie

Am a LISP programmer, and I have same bug quite often in my own custom LISP commands, that uses ability to undo multiple actions  =)

Usually it is possible to rewrite even default command, but I don't think, that it is suitable to FILLET.

If you use FILLET just for connection (with 0 value of distance), there are much better solutions

Distinguished Mentor
Moshe-A
Message 8 of 8 (234 Views)

06-09-2012 01:11 AM in reply to: leslie

Hi,

try fillet by activating the full command FILLET and see if it works. if not? try .FILLET with the

dot as prefix. if the behaviuor is still the same then your custom lisp does not change the basic

behaviour of fillet. if it's works ok? then your custom lisp for fillet must be modified.

Moshe

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.