Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text won't show in layout

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2884 Views, 3 Replies

Text won't show in layout

We have a problem with AutoCAD R2011.  The drafter made a rectangle, put some MText in it, and when he looked at the layout the text does not show up.  It's on a visible layer, and when he takes some existing text and sticks it in the rectangle, it works fine.  We are just using "MatchProp" to work around the problem.  Is there a way to "globally" set the text properties of the drawing to those of a particular instance of text?  Thanx.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
braudpat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello

Not sure to well understand your problem !?

If you select yours Texts/Mtexts and put them in frontorder , then Regen : have you the problem ?

Please check : SORTENTS = 127

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
doni49

What kind of rectangle?  It almost sounds like a model view that happens to be rectangular in shape.  Or it has a solid hatch with a color that matches that of the background.

Can you post the dwg file?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 4
Bob_Zurunkle

Joe, is this annotation text? If so, then is thier CANNOSCALE set to 1:1 in modelspace? Or is it set to match the layout scale?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost