Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text without smooth edge

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
jemnath
2711 Views, 15 Replies

Text without smooth edge

Some of the files texts are displaying without smooth edge. how to solve this.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
BrentBurgess1980
in reply to: jemnath

can you post the file?

Message 3 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com !

>> Some of the files texts are displaying without smooth edge

Just the display is the problem or also if you plot?

For the display there are always optimizations active like no antialiasing, ... just to make commands like PAN, ZOOM, ORBIT, ... faster.

The only thing I know about some text objects difficult to read is if the text is

a) not aligned parallel to the current view

b) is not (excatly) on Z=0 ==> you can verify that by selecting the text, and in the property window change the Z-value of the insertion point first to 1 and then back to 0, after a _REGEN you might see a difference.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 16
jggerth

looking at the jpeg -- the text was not created normal to the view - lines that should be vertical are not, indicating that there's an angle involved.

Try using the PLAN command to normalize the display to the current UCS, and then verify that the rotation angle f the text is 0d0'0.0000"

Message 5 of 16
jemnath
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

i check the Z value.. its in 0, i did flattern. no change.. when i am ploting there also its not coming with smooth edge

Message 6 of 16
jemnath

i check the Z value.. its in 0, i did flattern. no change.. when i am ploting there also its not coming with smooth edge.. i am attching the cad file.. pls see
Message 7 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

there is no attachement here, maybe the filesize is to big (limit here is <= 1.5MB), if it's the size then remove most of the objects except that text-objects (in a copy of your original drawing) and send us that file.

Also try what JGerth suggested .... and verify what style/font that is.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 16
steve216586

See JGerth reply. Your text is not 0 degrees horizontal wtih respect to the view.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 9 of 16
jemnath

Can you please provide any other mail id. i tried to attach. but its not.

Message 10 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Can you please provide any other mail id. i tried to attach. but its not.

Have you reduced your file to just a few text objects (with that issue)? What's the filesize of this sample drawing?

And if you get a message while uploading fails, what is the message? Maybe it's working when you ZIP the file and upload the ZIP-file instead?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 11 of 16
jemnath

pls find

Message 12 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> pls find

Nothing to find, sorry!

Do you try to attach a drawing into a mail-answer? Or do you upload the drawing here/using the forums access via internet-browser? The second option (login to the forum via internet-browser would be the better way for seeing what fails)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 13 of 16
jemnath

its only 663kb

Message 14 of 16
jemnath
Message 15 of 16
jemnath
Message 16 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

look to the attached PDF, I don't see anything strange in it (created from that "new block.dwg" using "DWG to PDF.pc3 with 1200 dpi).

I also attach a screenshot that shows the PDF with 200% enlarged (in Acrobat Reader X), also no problem afaik ... or do you see anything I miss?

Can you plot to PDF too and upload that so we can compare our results?

To the attachments: please rename the "NewBlock_B1_1004.txt" to "NewBlock_B1_1004.pdf" as I was not able to upload the PDF with the extension "PDF". Sorry!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost