Text style can’t be deleted!
Although, the text style “Simplexshx” (the file is attached) is neither used nor the current, but it can’t be deleted!
What might be the reason?
Thank you in advance,
if I save your drawing as DXF, i see this sequence:
in the mid of a dimension, so at this moment I know there is something wrong with dimensions. The next step for me is to modify the textstyle "SIMPLEXSHX" to a font that appears very different to the others, in your drawing I changed it to ttf "Arial Black".
Next step: I selected the dimensions using _QSELECT ==> and wow, the annotationed dimensions show for scale 1:2 the big Arial Black. .... well we found the source, what to do now:
command _AUDIT ==> does not report an error .... but selecting one of the critical dimensions ==> the dimension text looks good in all scales. What have we learned now: _AUDIT does not report all errors, but does repairs
Just to make sure: I did a lot of REGENs between the single steps, hope that not one of the REGENs solved this.
Now finish the problem starting _PURGE ==> remove the unnamed blocks and then you also can purge the textstyle.
Hope you can follow my description and have success!
- alfred -
There are free Lisp and VBA tools for AutoCAD on the internet to merge text styles (what you really want to do, not just "delete" them): try a google search or ask the folks in the Lisp Customization Discussion area:
Visual Basic Customization Forum:
Thank you Alfred and pendean for the help.
for me, simply, i tried to find all the texts and dimensions that have the "SimplexSHX" as a style, but the selection returns to no objects!!!! this should indicate that there is no objects that have this style and this style then could be deleted! why this approach doesn't work?
why this approach doesn't work?
Because SIMPLEXSHX text style is in Unnamed Blocks, quick select doesn't have the option to look for blocks named *blah blah.
So delete all your dimensions, purge all blocks, then you can purge SIMPLEXSHX style.
I just had a similar issue. This is how I resolved it.
Model space >>> CTRL A to select everything
The 'culprits' were highlited and, in this case, are far away from the useful pieces of the dwg...so, this made them easy to identify.
Hold SHIFT and deselect everything but the 'culprits'.
DELETE >>> SAVE >>> AUDIT >>> PURGE
Close the drawing and open it back up. Problem solved. There are different ways to do this. This method worked for me in this case. Your case may require some fooling around to figure out what you need to do to fix it.
Thank you for the contribution.
all the best