Did you mean: 

Text don't display

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
krzysztof_krasicki
778 Views, 15 Replies

Text don't display

Hello,

I have big problem with Text in AutoCAD drawings. Text is missing and I can't write in new drawings as well. We have different systems xp x 64, xp x84 , windiows 7 x64 and windows 7 x 84. Different AutoCAD’s: 2010 2011,2012 and the same problem. On different forums I could find many persons with the same problem but no solution. The problem occurs in many files, so not only in this one. When text bloc don’t work it showing every time, when we want to write, on down ribbon “** Undefined symbol 101 and 102 ...” . When we want to open stiles for text AutoCAD Mechanical have critical error: “Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at e0533c85h” and closed. We have different computers with different graphical cards. We installed already SP 2 for 2012 and other versions are too upgraded. It looks like this problem isn’t connected with hardware. We are using local licenses. You can see this problem on attached pictures.

Please help me I really don’t know how to solve this problem.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com !

I guess that these only happens with some specific drawings, if I'm right can you please upload one of those drawings?

As you say that versions Mechanical 2010 to 2012 have the same issue, have you verified what version of Mechanical was the last that "worked" on that problem-files?

And last but not least: how offen does that issue happen?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 16

Restarting AutoCAD fixed this problem for me !

Message 4 of 16

Hello,

Restarting AutoCAD by us doesn’t work. Sometimes it is working fine. This drawing was created in AutoCAD 2012 so it is strange that I can't open it correctly. In attachment you will find this drawing.

Best regards

Message 5 of 16

When I opened this file the Text are showing correctly.

Looks like a similar post

Message 6 of 16

Hi,

same to me, I have opened your drawing with AutoCAD 2012 and the text-objects are visible.

>> Sometimes it is working fine

Does that mean that this drawing can sometimes be opened without issues for you? Then we might also be in the "sometimes"-situation. It would be great to have a reproducable sample/workflow to isolate it.

If you can describe what "sometimes" means in terms of "different to none-working", is there anything different like AutoCAD profile, ...?

Can you try to create a new user for your Windows, login that with that account and try to open this drawing with AutoCAD, is it ok then?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 16

Hi,

Sometimes means on 10 attempts 3 will show drawing correctly. I think it is not connected with the drawing. Because I can open Mechanical with new drawing and I have this problem. It looks like TEXT module in AutoCAD doesn’t load correctly in 2012 2011 and 2010. Drawings are random, there is no pattern (they are from different users and computers). We have this problem on different computers to. I can't make new user for my computer because it is company computer connected to network.

Message 8 of 16

Hi,

>> I can't make new user for my computer because it is company computer connected to network

Then ask someone (who is not using AutoCAD on another system) to login on your workstation, and then run AutoCAD and the test.

Please make sure that at the first start if the question "migrate settings from previous versions" raises to answer that with NO! (hopefully you have not done migration on your systems, especially not used any ARG-files from old versions to new Mech-releases).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 16

Here is a screenshot of your file, as I first opened it in AutoCAD: anything missing?

ScreenShot001.jpg

Message 10 of 16

Hi,

Yes drawing is displayed correct and everything is there. We tried to login with another user and problem is the same. Text block didn’t load correctly. We didn't open the drawing witch you received we open new one and we couldn't write anything.

Message 11 of 16

Hi,

>> We tried to login with another user and problem is the same

Login as admin, then run a repair installation (for Mech 2012) and then start Mech (within the admin-account) and try this drawing again), 3 possible reasons I see:

a) Mechanical installation is defect

b) You have problems with your fonts within your Windows

c) You have some application or tool on top of Mech that is causing that issue.

If you run the repair installation make sure not to use a predefined installation image as this might have the problems in it as you all have the same issue (that has at least nobody here who tested your drawing).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 12 of 16

Hi

I forget to mention that this is fresh installation. We didn't migrate or updated mechanical on this computer. Yesterday was everything ok and this problem didn't come so often, but from today is still there. Restart, and opening and closing don't work.

Message 13 of 16

Hi

Ok We will try to reinstall Mechanical.

Message 14 of 16

Hi

After repaired (with clean installation) and later new installation of Mechanical 2012 the situation didn’t change. The problem is still there and installation didn’t help. We try to install one more time fonts in windows 7. So in Fonts location for windows 7we install one more time the standard fonts.  Then AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 and PID 2011 (I have both installed) didn’t work but then I installed all fonts which are in folder then both programs are working (but problem remained).  AutoCAD PID 2011 has the same problem but occasionally (20% problem accrued). AutoCAD Mechanical have text problem every time (99% problem accrued) and AutoCAD (is installed together with mechanical) is working better (60 % problem accrued).  When AutoCAD will load properly then we can open all the files (without closing AutoCAD). It has no problem, but when you start with the problem, then all drawings are displayed without text. It looks like that Mechanical can cousing this problem. Maybe Autodesk have some diagnostic tools that we can use?  

Message 15 of 16

This drawing which I send to you we tryed to opnen on diferent computer (Windows 7 mechanical 2010). We open in Autocad 2010 all ok, then in mechanical 2010 all wrong. Can you all try to open this drawing in mechanical and then see watch is wrong, maybe this problem will occure aften 4 attempts.

Message 16 of 16

Hello

We found the cause of problem. Problem was caused by LANDesk 9.0, we need to update to 9.5 or newer and problem is solved. We can see that kind of programs like Landesk are causing many problems, so please look out.

Best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost