AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
MatthewB80097
Message 1 of 3 (1,015 Views)

Text disappears when editing

1015 Views, 2 Replies
09-06-2012 06:02 AM

When I edit my text it disappears. I have attached an image of the problem. This only affects my machine in my company - I have checked colour settings with others and theirs are the same as mine only theirs works

The text is set to white/black colour 7 and the sheet layout is set to white. I have tried different text colours and I still can't see them

As you can see from the top image I have a background mask that is set to the drawing sheet colour which is white

When I double click in the text to edit it the text disappears (bottom image) as if the mask is appearing in front of the text which it shouldn't do.

The only way to be able to view the text is to switch the background mask off - but I want to avoid this as I have to keep switching it on again.

I get the same problem if inserting a new table and having to edit the cells. However here there is no way to switch the background mask off as there is no button that I can see to switch it on and off

Is there a variable somewhere for sorting this out?

Txt.JPG

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (1,013 Views)

Re: Text disappears when editing

09-06-2012 06:11 AM in reply to: MatthewB80097

post a snippit of the DWG file with this text/problem for review.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Valued Contributor
MatthewB80097
Message 3 of 3 (1,010 Views)

Re: Text disappears when editing

09-06-2012 06:22 AM in reply to: pendean

pendean wrote:

post a snippit of the DWG file with this text/problem for review.

All seems to be working now - AutoCAD crashed while trying to exit and text works when I reopen the file?

Most odd?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.