Rick, we were only deleting the .pf file not the exe. The .pf file is created as a cache to make all application loads after the first load faster. The .exe is part of the WPF .NET 3.0 framework and needed for many applications and would never suggest the deletion of that file. Hope this clears it up for you.
mlabell, thanks for the clarification. That was the file I was looking at as per your first message. I got confused when trying to research the item online and ended up looking at the .exe descriptions.
I'm not sure this works yet as the problem is a bit random but has anyone tried this?
1) Click START > right click on COMPUTER > PROPERTIES.
2) Click ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS
3) The System Properties dialog box opens and it should be on the ADVANCED tab already. If not, go there and click SETTINGS in the Performance section.
4) Select ADJUST FOR BEST PERFORMANCE and OK your way back out of all the screens.
I can recreate the issue at will and changing the theme as recommeneded does appear to fix the issue for the interim. I havent run for a long enough time to call it good. But there is still something that is completely underlying that theme shouldn't have anything to do with the issue.
This issue is only replicated on a Win 7 x64 computer when connected to an office network. I can completely remove logon scripts, GPO and the issue does not happen. Further, the issue does not happen when you logon to the computer locally without any office network connectivity. Even tried logging into the computer via VPN to the office and the issue never happens.
It appears that disabling theme may band-aid the issue but there is a more underlying root cause with a Microsoft server componenet that is causing the issue to persist.
On of our users tried the "Adjust for best performance" setting and it did not work for him. The only solution so far is to close out of AutoCAD and reopen several times until the test displays.
Has anyone had any additional luck with this one? Or can anyone explain how to reproduce this on demand? We are still having the same issues at randomly. Close-reopen is still our best bet. Thanks.
I forgot to mention that we tried updating our video card driver per the suggestion of Autodesk support. We tried one recommended by Autodesk and a newer one that one of our IT guys found. No luck. Also tried uninstalling completely and then installing it again. No luck.
Appears that this issue isn’t just an Autodesk issue but more of a Microsoft issue…
I have been working with the Autodesk suppoprt team on this issue and they are now able to reprodcue at will based on windows prefetch file that I gave them. Fingers crossed that something may get resolved soon.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.