Did you mean: 

TEXT and DDEDIT with offset

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
r.stiles
359 Views, 3 Replies

TEXT and DDEDIT with offset

What is the correct way to utilize the ddchprop command with variables in LISP? I receive dxf files with text left justified at the insertion point, I want to center justify the text at the insertion point. I see numerous threads about changing the justification without movement (JUSTIFYTEXT), I want the movement. I would like to use a LISP routine so that when the initial dxf is created (3rd party software) the text can be formatted correctly before opening it in AutoCAD.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: r.stiles

Hi,

>> [...] I want the movement

Then select the text objects (e.g. using _QSELECT) and change the property "Justify" in the property window.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
r.stiles
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you Alfred, but I believe I was unclear about my requirements. If I use _QSELECT in the routine, I get the dialog box, requiring a user to select the text. I want to run the routine without the user interface. The DXF in question has text on only one layer. Is there a way to invoke _QSELECT and pass variables to it? Initially the DXF contains mtext, I use the following to explode all mtext to single line text:

(setq :SSET (ssget "X" '((0 . "MTEXT"))))
  (command "explode" :SSET "")

Now I want to set the justification to middle center, moving the text to the initial insertion point. I'm working on the following but have not yet tested it (from CAD Forums):

(defun c:rcm (/ e p11 p10 horn vertn vert hor en y)
(setq e (ssget "X" '((0 . "TEXT"))))
p11 (assoc 11 e)
p10 (assoc 10 e)
hor (assoc 72 e)
vert (assoc 73 e)
en e
)
(if (= (cdr hor) 0)
(setq p11n (cons 11 (cdr p10)))
)
(if (= (cdr hor) 0)
(setq en (subst p11n p11 en))
)
(setq horn 1
horn (cons 72 horn)
en (subst horn hor en)
)
(setq vertn 2
vertn (cons 73 vertn)
en (subst vertn vert en)
)
(entmod en)
(setq y "y")
(if (= (strcase y) "N")
(entmod e)
)
(c:rcm)
)

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: r.stiles

Hi,

>> Is there a way to invoke _QSELECT and pass variables to it?

If you don't want QSELECT, then you already have found the LISP function SSGET ... there you can select all text objects.

I meant to use QSELECT as I would have used it to re-justify all text objects in a drawing just one command without the need for any development (well in model space and paperspaces seperately).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost