Did you mean: 

template settings

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bobarket
433 Views, 5 Replies

template settings

I'm trying to set a path for the "drawing template file location" in options and after I set the path and click OK . . . it comes back with an error telling me that I need to enter an integer.  It doesn't give me an integer to enter and it doesn't even give me a chance or a location to enter an integer.  How do I get around this error.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dmfrazier
in reply to: bobarket

Please attach a screenshot of the error message.

Also, which version/flavor of AutoCAD are you running, and on which platform?

It will also help to know if this happens with one specific dwg file, or with any file you open.

Although you are changing the template path, it may be some other setting in Options that is causing the error.

Message 3 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

does >>>that<<< help?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 6
bobarket
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Not sure exactly what the fix was but we exited that drawing, opened a different drawing and it took it.  must have been related to a corrupt drawing.

thanks for all your help.

Message 5 of 6
dmfrazier

@bobarket wrote:

...must have been related to a corrupt drawing.

Probably just an invalid DWG-specific setting (e.g. a variable set to "null" or a negative value rather than zero or some positive integer value).  This sometimes happens when DWG files are produced by "unconventional" means.  Running a search of these groups using the message contents yields several prior cases that might be instructive.

If the DWG is needed (and you want to avoid this coming up again) you could either wblock the objects out to a new file and insert that new file into a fresh DWG (based on your default template, say), or you could try RECOVER/AUDIT, which might repair the error(s).

Message 6 of 6
rkmcswain

This is probably because some drawing saved variable (usually Display Tab > Display Resolution > Arc and circle smoothness) is set to something invalid. Probably because the drawing was created by some other non-acad application.

I'm guessing the error looked something like this?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost