AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

tnaval
Message 1 of 5 (649 Views)

Take a hidden line screenshot

649 Views, 4 Replies
08-19-2012 04:04 PM

I used these commands years ago and cant remember what they are. I am designing furniture in 3D and want to view the object at SE Isometric, then rotate an additional 18 degrees, then take a screenshot that will basically give me a block that is a line drawing of the object with lines hidden. This is a question with two parts:

#1: How do I rotate from SE Isometric 18 degrees to get the view angle I want?

#2: How do I take a screenshot of the object that will produce a block with hidden lines?

There are two seperate commands for each of these, I just can't remember what they are. Thanks in advance.

Attached is a picture of the final product I'm looking for.

Distinguished Mentor
steven-g
Message 2 of 5 (622 Views)

Re: Take a hidden line screenshot

08-19-2012 10:07 PM in reply to: tnaval

1: the command is 'vpoint' followed by the option 'rotate', this will tell you the angle that the view is set at now just add 18 degrees, and for the second angle press enter.

2: the command is 'hide' - I'm not sure what you mean by creating a block

I use Autocad LT so there maybe other commands available  in full Autocad, I use those two to create the same views and it works just fine.

Steven Gray

Regards Steven Gray
Setting Out (Joinery Manufacturing)
Autocad 2013LT
Windows 7 professional
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 3 of 5 (611 Views)

08-20-2012 02:57 AM in reply to: tnaval

Hi,

is _FLATSHOT (>>>details<<<) the command you are looking for your 2)

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
tnaval
Message 4 of 5 (573 Views)

08-21-2012 07:29 AM in reply to: tnaval

Flatshot was very similar to the command that I was thinking of, it acts a very much the same. Only difference is that it looks at the whole drawing if there is mulitple objects instead of one group II am zoomed into. I have to then explode the block and erase the parts I do not need. It works for a good substitute, thanks.

It seems that vpoint does the job, thanks! Although it wasn't the command I was thinking of. I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat!

Thanks again, if anyone thinks of anything else, please post your suggestion.

tnaval
Message 5 of 5 (571 Views)

08-21-2012 07:31 AM in reply to: tnaval

SOLPROF! Thats the command I was thinking of, thanks for the >>details<< for flatshot, it gave me more commands at the bottom of that link. Awesome!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!