AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

knickers
Message 1 of 3 (2,376 Views)
Accepted Solution

Tables - Multiple cell text color change

2376 Views, 2 Replies
10-12-2012 11:01 AM

I've cut and "paste special" a table from excel to autocad, and would like to edit several (not all) cell's text color from the default (in this case white) to the bylayer color.

When I set up my table style I specified the text to be bylayer, however apparently a paste from excel ignores the setting.

Any ideas to resolve this?

The formatting from other files (and other applciations) carry over: AutoCAD to date offers no way of stripping the formatting with copy/paste before or duing a paste.

Yeah, I suspected as much.

What I ended up doing was after the paste I manipulated the table to best fit my criteria.

Then I copied the table in the dwg.

Next I exploded the entities twice. That way I was able to change any property I needed to.

Not the most elegant solution... But my best to date.

Thanks for the reply.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (2,364 Views)

Re: Tables - Multiple cell text color change

10-12-2012 01:59 PM in reply to: knickers

The formatting from other files (and other applciations) carry over: AutoCAD to date offers no way of stripping the formatting with copy/paste before or duing a paste.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
knickers
Message 3 of 3 (2,358 Views)

Re: Tables - Multiple cell text color change

10-12-2012 02:10 PM in reply to: pendean

Yeah, I suspected as much.

What I ended up doing was after the paste I manipulated the table to best fit my criteria.

Then I copied the table in the dwg.

Next I exploded the entities twice. That way I was able to change any property I needed to.

Not the most elegant solution... But my best to date.

Thanks for the reply.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.