Table text size issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1766 Views, 1 Reply

Table text size issues

Using AutoCAD LT 2011

Model space, 1:100.

Using the same annotative text style in a table and in a standalone text object in the same drawing I get a huge difference in text size.

The stand alone text object sizes as i expect it to. The table always displays the text styles in its cells extremely small. Yet the table style in use uses the exact same text style as the text object.

Currently I use seperarate annotative text styles specifically for tables with a text height 100 times bigger than the styles used for text objects, leaders, dims etc. The table then displays the text at the same model space height as seperate text objects etc. This harmony continues in paper space too.

But I wonder if im overlooking something. Surely I could use the same text styles in both text objects and tables without problems.

Any comments are welcome.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

TABLESTYLE command is where you control all the settings for Tables to be created and to set the text styles to be used.
STYLE command is used to set the text style parameters, including height.
You may be relying on TEXTSIZE variable for your text objects and Table objects does ignore that variable.

And if you are using annotative objects, the resolutions are different as well since you need to keep track of your scales.

PS: 100 times, as in CM to M difference? seems a coincidence don;t you think?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost