Did you mean: 

Table headers not repeating across top of table linked to Excel file

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RockyBrown4134
3301 Views, 2 Replies

Table headers not repeating across top of table linked to Excel file

I am having problems with a table linked to an Excell Sheet. The Title and Header rows will not repeat when I enable page breaks. Property settings are as follows:

Enabled: Yes

Direction: Down

Repeat  top labels: Yes

Repeat bottom labels: No

Manual Positions: No

Manual heights: Yes

Break height: 24"

Spacing: 1"

Data ling is to a range of cells: A1:I215, I even save it back down to an ".xls" from an ".xlsx" file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
AutoCAD 2020 / Inventor 2020 / Plant 3D
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
zalant
in reply to: RockyBrown4134

What you're encountering is designed (albeit unexpected) behavior.  Fortunately, there's a fairly simple workaround.  Instead of inserting a table and choosing "From a data link", go with "Start from an empty table".  I don't think that the amount of columns/rows matters, but I haven't tested it that much.  Once you have the new blank (non-linked) table inserted, click in the first cell.  Right-click, click Data Link, and choose the data link you had set up for the Excel file.  That should do it.  You can then edit the table, setting it to allow breaking and all of those other options.

Zac Travis
Message 3 of 3
RockyBrown4134
in reply to: zalant

Thanks.

That worked great!

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
AutoCAD 2020 / Inventor 2020 / Plant 3D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost