AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

WhenDi
Message 1 of 7 (387 Views)

suddenly can't attach pdf

387 Views, 6 Replies
01-17-2013 07:21 PM

Can someone help.  My autocad will no long attach a pdf.  I get as far as selecting the pdf, but then i wait, and wait, for the next dialog box to choose path, insertion point, page etc....it never appears and I have to cancel ....getting very behind with my work.  Any suggestions? (By the way I have done this a hundreds times over, so not sure what's changed). 

Cheers 

Wendy

*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 2 of 7 (358 Views)

Re: suddenly can't attach pdf

01-18-2013 05:46 AM in reply to: WhenDi

any pdf, or have you only tried this with a specific one?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 3 of 7 (350 Views)

01-18-2013 08:04 AM in reply to: WhenDi

Hi,

>> I get as far as selecting the pdf, but then i wait, and wait, for the next dialog box to choose path,

Can you make a screenshot from that situation? I don't understand what's going on, when you are as far as "select the pdf" but you don't see the dialog box (where you would select the pdf) ...?

And just to make sure: make your AutoCAD application window and (when opened) the XRef-manager window as small as possible to see what's going on behind. It happend to me that the XRef-manager was as big as the screen and the dialog-box used to define insertion-point/rotation/scaling was opened, but behind the XRef-manager. :smileywink:

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
WhenDi
Message 4 of 7 (341 Views)

01-18-2013 09:59 AM in reply to: WhenDi

Hi, Not much to screen shot really as it is the second dialog box that doesn't show up.....the first one does allow me to browse to the file, i choose the file, open, and then wait.  It is the second box that doesn't appear, the one that allows me to choose which page of the pdf, insertion point, scale etc.  I know in the past I have found it hidden under another window as I work on dual screens, this time however, I have closed all the other windows, reduced the window I am working in and tried everything!  I can't fathom it and would really be appreciative of a solution.  

Thanks!

Wendy 

WhenDi
Message 5 of 7 (340 Views)

01-18-2013 10:01 AM in reply to: JGerth

tried several different pdf's, and different cad dwgs.  Images attach with no problems. 

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 6 of 7 (328 Views)

01-18-2013 10:54 AM in reply to: WhenDi

Hi,

>>  I can't fathom it and would really be appreciative of a solution

then try the old trick with windows not reachable. When you think it should be there press <ALT> <SPACE> ==> there should popup a small menu that lets you control the window, one of the options is then "Move" ==> use your keyboard cursor keys to go down to "Move" and press <ENTER>. Next step is to use again the keyboard cursor keys <LEFT> or <RIGHT> to get the window in the visible area of your monitor. At the moment you see it you can move your mouse to pick a new position.

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
WhenDi
Message 7 of 7 (321 Views)

01-18-2013 01:18 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA
Hey thanks for help....another posting I had in the board room asked if I had changed monitors or gone from one to two screens....i have just set the computer up again after being on holiday, so switched my 1 and 2 monitor around....now changed back it fixed the problem...go figure :smileytongue:
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.