AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
psmith
Message 1 of 20 (1,350 Views)
Accepted Solution

Subscription Website

1350 Views, 19 Replies
02-20-2011 06:06 PM

I have been trying to initiate a subscription support request all week end.  Whenever I try to follow a link I get this error: Login Error
Your login attempt using single sign-on with an identity provider certificate has failed. Please contact your salesforce.com administrator for more information.

I have looked up salesforce.com on Google and don't see any special connection to Autodesk.  It looks like they subcontract their customer relationship management.

I even get this error following the "Need Help with Subscription? Contact us" link. 

I get these errors both from work and from home.

I seldom use this feature - probably three times in the last five years.  Has something changed I don't know about or it the website down this weekend?

2-24-11 - got an automated e-mail saying they will contact me soon.

Checked and the subscription website is now accepting my support request.

*Pro
nestly
Message 2 of 20 (1,260 Views)

Re: Subscription Website

02-21-2011 12:03 PM in reply to: psmith

Make sure you're using the correct login and password (your forum information isn't necessarily the same as your subscription information)

You may need to log out of the forum before trying to log into tha subscription page.  Make sure you're not blocking JavaScript for autodesk.com

Contributor
psmith
Message 3 of 20 (1,254 Views)

02-21-2011 12:18 PM in reply to: nestly

I am the software coordinator for this subscription contract.  I have logged into the subscription website.  I can see the coverage report. I can see the User list.  I just can not initiate a service request or even follow the link "Need Help with Subscription? Contact us".

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 4 of 20 (1,250 Views)

02-21-2011 12:30 PM in reply to: psmith

I went into subscription and was able to submit a request but I did it through Safari.  I have been having problems with IE9 and Autodesk websites.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
*Pro
nestly
Message 5 of 20 (1,245 Views)

02-21-2011 12:36 PM in reply to: psmith

I think their Subscription support is broken.

I get the same error you quoted when trying to get there through Internet Explorer8.  FireFox takes me to the Salesforce login page, but it says my information is incorrect and it doesn't recognize me when I try to reset my password.   Also the "Key" icon in AutoCAD does not show that I'm on Subscription.  It says there is either a problem with my internet connection, or the Autodesk server.... clearly it's the latter.

*Pro
nestly
Message 6 of 20 (1,224 Views)

02-21-2011 01:18 PM in reply to: nestly

I was finally able to submit a support ticket via Firefox and I linked to this topic.  Hopefully they'll address the issue here.

Customer Service
tyejay
Message 7 of 20 (1,204 Views)

02-21-2011 07:10 PM in reply to: psmith

Hi PSmith,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty logging a technical support request in the subscription center. Our customer service team is happy to help. To better assist you, please describe at what point in the submission process you are receiving the error that states "Your login attempt using single sign-on with an identity provider certificate has failed..."  Please respond at your convenience and we will be happy to research this issue further.

Jay Tye
Customer Service & Support
AUTODESK
Contributor
psmith
Message 8 of 20 (1,165 Views)

02-22-2011 05:58 AM in reply to: tyejay

I can log into my subscription account, check the coverage report, and manage users. But when I try to follow any of the support links I get the error.

The links are:

https://sso.autodesk.com/idp/startSSO.ping?PartnerSpId=https://saml.salesforce.com&TargetResource=ht...

https://sso.autodesk.com/idp/startSSO.ping?PartnerSpId=https://saml.salesforce.com&TargetResource=ht...

Also if I try to follow the link in the flash player button "Need Help with Subscription? Contact us"

I am using Internet explorer 8  version 8.0.6001.18702

Cipher strength 128 bit

Product ID 01398-600-0011903-00102

Update version 0

At home I am using IE but I don’t remember the version other than it is a 64 bit Vista machine.

Contributor
psmith
Message 9 of 20 (1,163 Views)

02-22-2011 06:03 AM in reply to: psmith

By the way - I had to reset my password this morning, twice, to access my subscription account.  First time didn't generate the e-mail.  I reset it back to the original password and was able to log in. (I am not unsure of my password)

I did install windows updates a couple days ago, probably included IE updates.

Distinguished Contributor
JIMDONALDSON6595
Message 10 of 20 (1,136 Views)

02-22-2011 08:22 AM in reply to: psmith

I've had similar problems logging into and submitting support requests to the subscription site.

When I gave up and called them (having to wade through multiple forwards and on-holds). I was told to use the OTHER option when making a support request. THis issue goes back a month or more. What is wrong with Autodesk? They're forcing people to buy subscriptions then falling down on their 'PROMISED' reasons for forcing people to but it.

Jim

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.