16 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 5
Accepted Solution

Stuck In a View Port

1906 Views, 4 Replies
04-24-2012 03:56 PM

Hello All,

When I am in paper space I sometimes double click in my viewport. Then the viewport becomes my whole window. How do I get out of the viewport without doing an undo until I reach where I first began?

Also sometimes when I double click in the viewport, but the viewport is the only thing visible in the screen, (vs having the whole sheet and being able to click out) I don't know how to get out without the help of Undo.

Thoughs?

Thanks.

p.s. Undo is the best button ever!

cochoa

Hi ,

If you click in the VPMAX icon (box with an blue up arrow in the upper left corner) in the status bar, will also return you to the standard view.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

*Expert Elite*
1,658 Posts
213 Kudos
Post 2 of 5

Re: Stuck In a View Port

04-24-2012 07:51 PM in reply to: calexochoa

Pick the MODEL button at the bottom center of the screen.  Start locking the viewport once you have it set the way you want.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
Product Support
117 Posts
15 Kudos
Post 3 of 5

04-30-2012 06:32 AM in reply to: calexochoa

Hi ,

If you click in the VPMAX icon (box with an blue up arrow in the upper left corner) in the status bar, will also return you to the standard view.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Albert Rius
Frontline Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Mentor
169 Posts
16 Kudos
Post 4 of 5

04-30-2012 06:43 AM in reply to: calexochoa

Here's a quick tip about using the VPMIN & VPMAX options for working in viewports

http://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2011/06/29/working-in-a-viewport/

~Greg

*Expert Elite*
1,658 Posts
213 Kudos
Post 5 of 5

04-30-2012 08:01 AM in reply to: Albert_Rius

Albert, this works but you should post that one must pick that button twice for it to get you back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post