Stretching Revcloud

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
edwinculanding9041
2051 Views, 6 Replies

Stretching Revcloud

hi guys,

i have this situation that our client require us to put cloud in each box and another cloud if there's 2 boxes, i done this using visibility.

but some drawings having 5 , 6 or 10 boxes near to each other. i try putting some parameters like linear scale but it scale the whole cloud, i just need only is to stretch the cloud just to cover the maximum number of boxes.

im just new here, maybe somebody would help me give an idea on how it easy to be done.

i will attached sample.

thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

You can't stretch a 'cloud" object and maintain it's uniformity: it is literally a series of individual arcs.
Draw a new cloud to cover the new areas you need, then delete the old ones: REVCLOUD command.
Message 3 of 7

I did some quick testing and this may be a solution for your problem.

I created a rectangular block with two stretch actions to it. (height and length)

When using this block for creating a revcloud:

1. Insert it into drawing.

2. Stretch it as necessary around your box.

3. Explode block.

4. Use REVCLOUD command on rectangle using the Object selection.

Repeat as necessary.

You may be able to create a lisp to do steps 3 & 4. It really doesn't take all that much time or effort though, in my opinion.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 4 of 7

Oh my Steve! There are simpler fixes my friend 🙂
Message 5 of 7

i appreciate the reply, maybe i have to make rectangle to highlight all the boxes i need then use revcloud.

thanks a lot guys,

Message 6 of 7
steve216586
in reply to: pendean

Well, I didn't say I would do it that way. It seems easier to just draw a rectange then change to revcloud. But he said he already had a block. Smiley Embarassed

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 7 of 7

well actually guys, i solved the stretching using steve idea but somehow in reverse and add some parameter but sometime it have overlapping in the arc because of the Array.

this is what i do.

1. create box then use REVLOUD.

2. explode CLOUD to make each one become ARC then create block.

3. go inside the block and add parameter LINEAR located in the Block Authoring Palettes and in the same palettes add action ARRAY & click one arc each side and add action MOVE & click the rest of the ARC on top of the CLOUD. 

4. close the block.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost