Stop acad2012.lsp from being loaded on every drawing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ripuz
1053 Views, 5 Replies

Stop acad2012.lsp from being loaded on every drawing

Hi!

I have the following files and i know that this is the files that AutoCAD will find first:

acad2012.lsp

acad.lsp

acad2012doc.lsp

acaddoc.lsp

When ACADLSPASDOC variable is set to 0 I expect that acad2012.lsp and acad.lsp should only be loaded when AutoCAD starts.

That´s not the case thou...

acad.lsp will not load more than once but acad2012.lsp is always loaded into every drawing.

Shouldn´t acad2012.lsp and acad.lsp go hand in hand, either be none or it will load both?
Is there some other setting I don´t know about?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: ripuz

What's in acad2012.lsp that you don;t want to use?
Is acad2012.lsp one of your files?
Why don't you rename acad2012.lsp to something else and simply call it from inside acad.lsp or acaddoc.lsp? It's obviously not working the way you want it 🙂
Message 3 of 6
ripuz
in reply to: pendean

Hi Pendean,

acad2012.lsp is an AutoCAD file that you are not supposed to change, so there is not really a problem. I´m just curious why the file is loaded when it´s not supposed to. And I thought that autodesk forum would be the place to look for that answer.

If you want to hear the background... 🙂

I work on a large company that have added (load "...networkserver...\\startup.lsp") at the end of acad2012.lsp on every computer. The idea was that "startup.lsp" should only be loaded once on every AutoCAD session.

I know that you should not change the file but instead use acad.lsp but at the moment that´s not the case here.

Following quote is from page:

http://www.blog.cadnauseam.com/2008/09/01/what-is-loaded-at-autocad-startup-and-when/

"First, Autodesk’s acad2009.lsp file is loaded. Next, if you have created a file called acad.lsp, that is loaded. These two files are only loaded at first startup, unless the ACADLSPASDOC system variable is set to 1, in which case the acad.lsp file is reloaded with each new drawing."

I know it is not an official facts page but that person seems to know what he's talking about.

Message 4 of 6
dgorsman

Its not uncommon for older custom LISPs to put an extra (load ...) call for the version-specific LISP files when called, even though its not necessary, since they were customized with extra functions instead of putting them in the user acad/acaddoc.lsp.  With the current hack to load your ...startup.lsp, it wouldn't suprise me if its being called to "ensure" everything is loaded in every drawing.

You'll need to parse through your entire content (including MNL files) to ensure this isn't being done.  While you're at it, its a good time to evaluate the entire start-up process with an eye to streamlining it along with pulling that acad2012.lsp hack.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 6
Hidden_Brain

I may be wrong, but I recently read somewhere that ACADLSPASDOC only controls acadxxxx.lsp, and haas no effect on acadxxxxdoc.lsp, which loads with every drawing.
Message 6 of 6
ripuz

I made a new installation of AutoCAD 2012 and acad2012.lsp is still loaded into every drawing.

End of story... Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost