AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

suuGISCAD
Message 1 of 3 (460 Views)
Accepted Solution

Squeezed Text in an Block

460 Views, 2 Replies
10-07-2011 08:12 AM

The text in a title block I use keeps being squeezed together everytime I bring it into a new drawing. It is squeezed to the point were it is pushed on to the next line but then it overlaps the text below it. This only happens when I rotate the block to fit a landscape layout. It works fine when it is in portrait.

The text that keeps having the problems is not dynamic. It looks fine in the origanal drawing where the block was created and when I explode it the appears to be enough room.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Attached is the file I am having problems with and a picture of what it is doing. The text is the address in the lower right corner. It is the first line that is having the problem.

Your photo shows it is not arial font, when I opened your drawing with arial font, no problem at  all.

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 3 (454 Views)

Re: Squeezed Text in an Block

10-07-2011 08:38 AM in reply to: suuGISCAD

Your photo shows it is not arial font, when I opened your drawing with arial font, no problem at  all.

*Expert Elite*
azrdgldr
Message 3 of 3 (451 Views)

Re: Squeezed Text in an Block

10-07-2011 08:48 AM in reply to: suuGISCAD

Expand your mtext box and set your text style to middle center on some of the items in your block.  Re-examine the mtext and how you want it to act if you need long text strings.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.