AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

TSmith_525
Message 1 of 4 (234 Views)

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

234 Views, 3 Replies
09-11-2012 09:14 AM

I graduate in 1 week and my final project file is corrupted.  When I go to open the file from AutoCad, in the preview box the file appears normal.  Then when I go to open it the file is nothing but a jumble of lines and blocks.  I don't know what to do.  I even tried to recover the file and the .bak file is doing the same thing.  Can someone please help me?  I was designing a 5 story hotel and now it appears to be lost forever.

Any answers are greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

-Tierra

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 2 of 4 (223 Views)

Re: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

09-11-2012 10:00 AM in reply to: TSmith_525

When its gone, its gone; the only recourse you have is your own backups.  There's a reason why companies make nightly and weekly backups of the important files, and for projects this important you should as well.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 3 of 4 (212 Views)

09-11-2012 12:30 PM in reply to: TSmith_525

Post one of the drawings or just a portion of one so we can have a look.

Second best is to post a screen shot of what you are getting when opening a file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
Distinguished Mentor
steven-g
Message 4 of 4 (188 Views)

09-11-2012 10:03 PM in reply to: TSmith_525

You could try looking in ----C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp---- for a file with the extension .sv$ make a copy of the file and then change the extension to.DWG. That has helped me out of problems a couple of times over the years

Regards Steven Gray
Setting Out (Joinery Manufacturing)
Autocad 2013LT
Windows 7 professional
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!