Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

snap toggle from point to point

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
rjette
971 Views, 10 Replies

snap toggle from point to point

Iam looking for a snap toggle key? Iam using autocad 2012 at my new job, and I have 2002 at home. in 2002 if you are moving an object or extending a line, circle, etc. and you get close to the line that you whant to attach to you see like an endpoint snap or perpendicular snap, or nearest point snap, (depending on what snap points are activated in the onsnap command) and in 2002 if you hit the "TAB" key it will toggle through the snap points that are activated to put that object where you want. is there a similar snap toggle option in 2012 and what key stroke is that.

thank for any help

Ross

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
steve216586
in reply to: rjette

SELECTIONCYCLING

Right click on the OSNAP icon at the bottom of the wrokspace. Select SETTINGS. Select the last tab on the right, "Selection Cycling". Turn it on.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 11
rjette
in reply to: steve216586

THANKS I SEE THE OPTION I DID THAT, THEN WHICH KEY ACTIVATES THE TOGGLE MODE FROM POINT TO POINT. THANKS

ROSS

Message 4 of 11
GrantsPirate

It is still the TAB key.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 5 of 11
rjette
in reply to: GrantsPirate

THANKS MUCH TO ALL I GOT IT WORKING THE WAY I WANTED HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND

Message 6 of 11
rjette

SORRY ABOUT THIS PEOPLE THAT WORKED FOR DRAWING AND LINE BUT NOT FOR COPY OR MOVE.I MIGHT BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG. I WENT INTO OBJECT SNAP ICON ON BOTTOM RIGHT AND WENT TO SELECTION CYCLING AND ACTIVATED "ALLOW SELECTION CYCLING". AND UNDER THE "OBJECT SNAP" TAB WITH THE "OBJECT SNAP TRACKING ON (F11)" EITHER ACTIVE OR NOT WHEN I HIT THE "TAB KEY" TO MOVE OR COPY AN ABJECT IT DOES NOT CYCLE THROUGH THE SNAP OPTION, LIKE I SAID IT DOES IN THE DRAW MODE.

THANK FOR ANY HELP

ROSS

Message 7 of 11
GrantsPirate

Please turn you caps lock off, it is considered yelling, is hard to read, and is kind of rude.

Forget Selection Cycling for this purpose, not what it is for.

Tab works fine here for move, copy, line, etc.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 8 of 11
rjette

When moving or coping an object the tab key does not cycle through my snap options what it cycles through is "Specify second point - 11.089 - <225.56deg" and goes back and forth between dimensioanl and degrees.

Sorry about the cap lock was woring in autocad and just left it on

thanks

Ross

Message 9 of 11
steve216586

"Please turn you caps lock off, it is considered yelling, is hard to read, and is kind of rude."

I imagine that thinking went away with cursive handwriting and the Millennials or Generation Y.

Some "design engineers" never turn caps off. Lest they might forget how to turn them back on and need a CAD Technician to help. ;-D

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 10 of 11
nestly2

The TAB key does double duty when Dynamic Input is active; toggling through dynamic Input fields as well as available OSNAPS.  Try turning off Dynamic Input, and if that fixes the problem, turn it back on and try reducing the number of Dimensional Input fields until it's tolerable.

Message 11 of 11
rjette
in reply to: nestly2

That was the magic item. Thanks now the tab key operates as I wanted

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost