AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
OysteinW
Message 41 of 43 (220 Views)

Re: Sluggish performance

04-29-2011 02:17 PM in reply to: zzz144

I haven't read all the pages on this thread, so I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but if you are using a HP computer, you should uninstall HP ProtectTools (if it is currently installed) as we have experiensed serious slowdown on multiple machines in AutoCAD caused by this piece of software. 

It slows tooltip and general response times to a degree that renders AutoCAD virtually useless in large drawings.

OysteinW

Distinguished Contributor
zzz144
Message 42 of 43 (217 Views)

04-29-2011 02:38 PM in reply to: OysteinW

good point and it does help. Usually when i have heavy apps running i turn off my firewall and norton. i don't recommend this. kind of hard on a corporate computer but maybe befriend the it manager to give you admin rights :smileytongue: 

Valued Contributor
OysteinW
Message 43 of 43 (205 Views)

04-30-2011 12:06 AM in reply to: zzz144

HP ProtectTools Security Manager is not as essential as norton or a firewall, and as it effectively cripples autocad, it's best to get rid of it.

I don't know if this applies to your machine, but a similar program might have the same effect on AutoCAD petformance on your setup.

My maschine went from useless to smooth as silk just by uninstalling..

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.