AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
off2board
Message 1 of 3 (413 Views)

Sluggish 2011

413 Views, 2 Replies
11-30-2010 06:02 AM

It seems like with every passing year that Autodesk brings us a new version of autocad, the product just gets slower and slower.  I remember when I used to double click my autocad shortcut and was ready to draw within 3 seconds.  With 2011, I find myself waiting  45 seconds for it to load up.  Thats painful. 

The ribbon is hideous.  This isnt solidworks or inventor (and even if it was, you'll find yourself searching for the tab to disable it).  Most cad users (that actually still use cad over 3d platforms) have everything so burned into brain, 75% of actions made are setup all ready on the keyboard...sifting through the sluggish ribbon is nasty.

Please autocad...go back to your old school snappy and responsive ways.  The way autocad used to be 10 years ago.

My company provides me with a decent high end system, designed to handle heavy 3D assemblies, and it drivess me nutty that it takes 5 minutes to open up a layout to get a stick dimension.

*Pro
Modman_4
Message 2 of 3 (404 Views)

Re: Sluggish 2011

11-30-2010 06:49 AM in reply to: off2board

Yanno, I wonder if they might not be able to include some sort of "fast drafting" workspace as an option in the future -- something that has only the most basic tools combined with command line and also has certain variables set to "off". I notice on mine there is more of a "beginner" 3D workspace and also an "advanced" 3D workspace, for example...

I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! :smileyhappy:
*Expert Elite*
ToanDN
Message 3 of 3 (352 Views)

Re: Sluggish 2011

11-30-2010 05:02 PM in reply to: Modman_4
- CTRL+H: PALETTES on and off - CTRL+0 (ZERO): full screen etc... I added CTRL+R to toggle RIBBON on and off. I find it's faster than switching workspaces (for me).
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.