AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
tvcad
Message 1 of 3 (253 Views)

SLOW Regen when Viewing from the Right?

253 Views, 2 Replies
01-09-2013 08:47 AM

What would cause AutoCAD to choke, ONLY when viewing a model from one direction? In my case, it's the right view, and it doesn't matter how I get to that view, ie "view, right" or "dview,clip". Views from other directions regen almost instantly, but from the right takes a full minute, while Acad tells me up top that it's [not responding].

Issue is only in single dwg. Tried audit, purge, etc. Wondering if there is some obscure (dwg specific) system variable causing this, before trying the WB to get rid of an offensive entity. Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (251 Views)

Re: SLOW Regen when Viewing from the Right?

01-09-2013 09:11 AM in reply to: tvcad

Hi,

do a copy&paste of your objects (select them by window, not with option _ALL) into a new drawing. Then verify if the problem was transfered too.

>> Wondering if there is some obscure (dwg specific) system variable causing this

No, I don't know any variable called TVCADNOTALLOWEDTOREGENFROMRIGHT animierte smilies lachen grinsen happy freuen smilen witzig froh

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valued Contributor
tvcad
Message 3 of 3 (245 Views)

Re: SLOW Regen when Viewing from the Right?

01-09-2013 10:25 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The problem did NOT follow the objects to the new dwg. BTW, to find mystery objects, I tried the method: select, (ssget "x"), remove, cross... which left NO objects selected.

>>No, I don't know any variable called TVCADNOTALLOWEDTOREGENFROMRIGHT

Now that's just plain funny. :] :]

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.