Did you mean: 

Slow in doing Undos and browsing for network files

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
sm8000
421 Views, 1 Reply

Slow in doing Undos and browsing for network files

I am trying to assist somebody with AutoCAD 2011, but I'm having to do so by remote for the moment. I'm new to AutoCAD so I'm not sure what exact version is installed, but I do know File version 24.1.49.0, and Product version R18.1.49.0.0

Performing Undos are very slow, and browsing for files on the network (e.g. File->Open->shared drive\filename.ext) is also slow.

This began after they renewed their Symantec license and installed updated clients. Since then, they've removed Symantec on one computer that we're testing on, and repaired AutoCAD, but the symptoms remain.

They're going to uninstall and reinstall AutoCAD as a next step, but until then are there any insights on these issues that could help us resolve them?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: sm8000

Welcome to the community.

My first recommendation is to always work on files locally, rather than the network.  You can also consider Vault for version control if files are shared on the network.

That being said, what you can do to help is turn off digital signature icons.  Right-click the AutoCAD icon and choose Enable/Disable Digital Signature Icons.  Uncheck the box.  Then go into the Internet Options > Advanced tab of Internet Explorer and uncheck the box to Check for Publishers Certificate Revocation. 

Create an anti-virus exception for acad.exe and *.dwg files, and do not scan network drives.  Also clear your %TEMP% folder. 

Finally, run the zipped .reg file I have attached.  It will help your machine ignore broken links and problems with mapped drives and offline printers.  I run this on all of my machines. 

Reboot after all this.  See if that helps. 

Good Luck.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost